Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if it's my axle(s) or tranny that's shot? The tranny makes a dry grind noise that goes away if I push the clutch in when stationary, but it's otherwise present in all gears when moving. Also, there's a crazy vibration as if the wheels are unbalanced past 90 km/h....I searched all tranny and axle topics but still couldn't find a clear procedure on how I can isolate one or the other and check them for problems. If anyone can help me with this diagnosis, it'd be awesome!

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
i had a problem that sounds identical. It was my tranny, the bearings inside were shot. The noise and the problem will get worse especially if you drive high rpms. I ended up replacing the tranny and everything was fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a tranny that does that its the Main Bearing thats bad it whines unless the clutch is depressed. To bad to Cuz I just bought the tranny on eBay. Ive herd some people that have drove on it like that for more then one and a half years. Thats not to say yours will last that long. What year is your car and How many miles are on it? Might be worth rebuilding. If you go to a transmission shop it will be someware around 1500 for a used Tranny with labor and 2000-2200 for a New/Rebuilt Tranny At least thats what it was going to cost me.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Exploit on Feb/03/06 said:
I have a tranny that does that its the Main Bearing thats bad it whines unless the clutch is depressed. To bad to Cuz I just bought the tranny on eBay. Ive herd some people that have drove on it like that for more then one and a half years. Thats not to say yours will last that long. What year is your car and How many miles are on it? Might be worth rebuilding. If you go to a transmission shop it will be someware around 1500 for a used Tranny with labor and 2000-2200 for a New/Rebuilt Tranny At least thats what it was going to cost me.
Or, you can pick up a used GSR tranny around here for 4-500 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.