Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately when I try to put it in gear its a little harder to put it in than usual. Also once i start moving in first gear the whole car shakes until i get off the clutch. what can be my problem? its a 97 integra gsr.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it shake like it would if it was about to die, or is there a lot of vibration coming from the front left/right wheels? Your axleshafts wouldn't affect you being able to change gears, btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the whole car like shakes as im letting go of the clutch while its in first gear until i let go of the clutch. i know minor shaking is normal but the whole car shakes during this process. it just started happening. could it be transmission oil that is making it hard to get into gears also? because my trans used to be so smooth like 2 days ago. ahh i need help please

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It's kinda hard to diagnose your problem w/o seeing the things you mentioned.

A good sign that your axles are going bad is a leaky boot.

Your problem sounds like a clutch issue though. How many miles you have on the clutch? Does the pedal feel spongy? I would check the usual first (Fluid level, clutch MC and SC). if you're up to it, pop the tranny off and inspect the clutch components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.