Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 94 2 door GS-R, and i'm looking for new exhaust. what do you guys recommend? im most likely going to just get a muffler and have the autoshop mandrel bend some pipe for me. help me out. thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
if you just get a muffler dont get an obx one.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Exhaust Basics

Advanced Exhaust Tech

These are two great articles to start with. Picking an exhaust system really should be planned out according to what you want to do with your car. The more information you know before hand, the better off you will be.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i was wondering are there any sites where they teach u how to install catbacks. i am a cheapo and i dun wanna buy 4 jackstands ... peopel say its possible with 2 like jack up the front yes i know it will be easier to do it with 4.. any sites please help thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
welcome to TI. i'm in the same boat as you, and I was going to let you know how i was going to solve my problem. first like Style said you have to know what you want to do in the future; turbo, supercharger, whatever. make a list of your plans this way what you are doing now won't contradict what you will do later. take me for instance, i decided against a turbo based on my engines mileage, same with supercharger etc etc. i decided to squeeze as many ponys out of my engine as possible. I'm going with the intake, headers, converter, cat-back to muffler approach. for my exaust as you had asked earlier, I got a muffler called the APEXI n1, there are many other companys that make mufflers like the N1 all are basically the same in terms of performance, some are louder than others. I was looking between all straight through designs evo, racing medallion, n1 and so on and so on. evo is not very good quality in terms of rust protection, the n1 is pretty reliable on those terms. the tanabe is toooo loud. all in all it depends on preference- do research make a choice based on YOUR opinion, not what some N1 or evo or RM owner says. don't expect too much from an exaust.
after you get your muffler what i did was go to my mandrel bender and buy a 2.5" piping to match my n1. much cheaper a little more time consuming. if i didn't answer your question fully let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts