Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS-R has blown it's pistons and i am in dying need of a gsr engine.. also i was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to put the type-r engine in it and if thats really much of a difference.. i was thinking that the type-r engine itself isnt much different just things like camshaft and components were better. If anyone could refer me to someone or some place that could help me out with getting either a new or used engine.. used would be cheaper and thats always cool with me.. thank you

·
Registered
250 Posts
how much are you looking to pay?? I would tkae mine out of my car it is well taken car of.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
im not really too sure of any of these online businesses, ive heard good and bad about osaka, but do a search on google or something, hey maybe even here?! what a novel idea. The R engine will go into your car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am confused what do you mean the r engine will go into mine? And you have heard good about them? lol

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
you looking for JDM engine or USDM ones?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
How's the block? If the block is in good shape then why don't you just replace the pistons you blown with better high compression performance pistons for NA or low compression pistons for if your FI. Also while doing that just reinforce the block by sleeving it. Then you'll have a better block than a Type R. A type r bottom end just has a higher compression piston which you can basically buy if your block isn't ruined. I mean why pay for the whole block when you just need the components. If your looking for a Type R engine in of itself then that's your choice but if you going FI then don't get the type r b/c it's really made as a naturally aspirated vehicle.

·
Registered
391 Posts
where can i get a gsr or type rengine for cheap but in good shape, miles dont matter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts