Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've been thinking of switching my LS suspension (springs/shocks) to a type R spring/shock setup.. i really don't wanna go the "drop" to the ground or even droped enough to watch out for speedbumps and such,, i just want a clean lower look and a lil better grip...

now, is it necessary to switch the shocks too, or will the stock ls shocks work with the springs, its only a 1' drop...

Frank

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
you can only get type-r springs. i'm pretty sure the shocks are different for type-r's and non-type-r's, and the type-r's won't bolt in

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
You might want to consider H&R OE springs. They will only drop you 0.75 inches all around and have a better spring rate. I plan to get them for mine, one of these days...

I've been told that you only need to switch to aftermarket shocks if you have a big drop, or a spring rate that is 30% or more higher than stock. If you keep the stock shocks under those conditions, they will wear out.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This is how low my car is. I have Type R springs on it. (from an actual type R) I was satisfied with the drop for a while but now i want to lower it more, its just not enough. I would recomend goin more then .75, which is about how much lower it will be with Type R springs.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
try the eibach pro kit - it is a more aggressive drop than stock without sacrificing comfort and you wont ahve to worry too much about speed bumps.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i know, but u see, i'm actually trying to avoid the dropped look. lord know what my car attracts a lot of miss attraction where i live, so i just wanted to get a lil more out of the cars suspension without sacraficing the longrun of the suspension itself (ie, blots coming off and such...lol)...

hey weston, where did u hear of these springs, tell me more bout them,, and ohh bigcooncie95ls,, if your interested into selling the springs, give me a message,, how old are they?

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts