Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have 2 questions... 1 is an opinion and the other is some estimates... I plan (after winter, even though I have the money now "I think") to shave the moldings and re-paint the entire exterior of the teg. my color now is vogue silver (nh583m).

a) I LOVE THE PHOENIX YELLOW. yes I know it's a color that belongs to type r's. would I be considered a "fake r" if I painted my LS this color. I don't race, I wouldn't put R badges, etc. on it, I just love that color, it's so damn hot. what are your all's thoughts about this??

b) What would this cost me, for a good job. If I changed the color to yellow, I of course know that they would have to paint the engine bay, trunk lid, etc. what am I looking at??

or if I keep it the current color, just get it re-painted (fresh look, no more scratches etc) I would only have to do the outside (no engine) plus I don't think they would have to do all the prep work, it's the same color as the original?? how much?

AS ALWAYS THANKS EVERYoNE!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
i don't know anything about the prices and what not, but about the yellow, i say if you think its that hot, then do it, as long as your happy, thats all that matters

·
Registered
379 Posts
man it's ur car, do what u want with it, u r the one who has 2 drive it, if anybody talks trash thats their prob, go ahead and put r badges on if u want. i work at a body shop and i'll tell u 4 a quality paint job, color changes get $$$~outragous~$$$. it's a lot of hard work, u might consider doing it and just painting ur door and hatch jams and leaving the engine bay silver, that may sound awful 2 u, i dont kno what ur tastes r or what look u r going 4 but i think that would look phat, a cromed-out polished up motor in a silver engine bay, i just gave away 1 of my ideas but oh well ( i want 2 paint my engine bay silver) but personally i would just paint it silver and use the extra cash 4 engine or suspension components. good luck!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
it depends on exactly what do u want...if you want top of the line paint its gonna cost you if you just wanna take out all the scratches and stuff it shouldnt cost you more than 1 grand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts