Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-
I was hoping to get some honest feedback about my car and situation. I've owned this Integra since 2003. The time has come that I need to get rid of it in one way or another.

I had not driven it in about 4 years. Recently I had to move it out of my garage. To make a long story short, it's sitting at my mechanic's place right now in need of a new alternator and brake line. He said it's not worth putting the money into it to fix it and recommended a local junkyard that I guess pays pretty decent. I initially agreed (need the room, would make wife really happy to have it gone), but now I'm having second thoughts.

I'm the 2nd owner, and the title is clean. No accidents. IIRC it has 162k miles, but I'd need to check to be sure. The car ran great before I stored it for 4 years. It is only slightly modded with an aftermarket air filter, rims, some custom tail lights, aftermarket speakers in the doors, and CD player. The stereo got mangled during a break in and doesn't work but it is in the console. The only other negative is that the body has pretty bad cancer, especially on the rear quarter panel driver's side. I know all of this info is basically worthless without pictures, but depending on what you guys say, I can take some to post.

Am I making a huge mistake by junking it, or should I put the approximately 1k into it to make it runnable again and then try to sell it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rust issue is huge (at least for me), the interior and exterior condition is going to play a huge part in this. You should look at the local market and see what the car is selling for. If you're only looking at 'For Sale' posts, cut about 25% off the price (maybe more) because people are asking for ridiculous amounts and coming down to reality when people aren't willing to pay $12k for their modded 20 year old car. GS-R are going for a premium.

For me, I wouldn't hesitate in putting $1k into my GS-R, but judging by the fact that you allowed the rust to get as bad as it is and not driving it for so long, the car isn't as important to you as other things. Because there is a huge following for this car, I'd try to find a home for it for someone that'll take the time to restore it. If nothing after a couple weeks, then perhaps part ways with it. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone-
I was hoping to get some honest feedback about my car and situation. I've owned this Integra since 2003. The time has come that I need to get rid of it in one way or another.

I had not driven it in about 4 years. Recently I had to move it out of my garage. To make a long story short, it's sitting at my mechanic's place right now in need of a new alternator and brake line. He said it's not worth putting the money into it to fix it and recommended a local junkyard that I guess pays pretty decent. I initially agreed (need the room, would make wife really happy to have it gone), but now I'm having second thoughts.

I'm the 2nd owner, and the title is clean. No accidents. IIRC it has 162k miles, but I'd need to check to be sure. The car ran great before I stored it for 4 years. It is only slightly modded with an aftermarket air filter, rims, some custom tail lights, aftermarket speakers in the doors, and CD player. The stereo got mangled during a break in and doesn't work but it is in the console. The only other negative is that the body has pretty bad cancer, especially on the rear quarter panel driver's side. I know all of this info is basically worthless without pictures, but depending on what you guys say, I can take some to post.

Am I making a huge mistake by junking it, or should I put the approximately 1k into it to make it runnable again and then try to sell it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for your time.
Don't junk it. List it for sale on this and other sites to get you more money and send it to someone who will give it a new life. Add some pics here so the group can aid in your evaluation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts