Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just went into my mechanics shop and he told me i need some new struts (leaking) (he said springs were good). I knew this before and i just kept waiting until now. My shocks squeek on some turns, bumps etc.

Acura Integra 95 LS
150,000 miles
Everything STOCK except for air filter and strut bar
Don't want to lower it more than .75... stock is good
Daily Driver that never auto crosses
i Go faster than majority (15+mph more)

I want:
A good solid suspension like OEM but OEM is too expensive
A nice SMOOTH RIDE that does well in turns and HOLDS THE GROUND WELL well and is easy on my ass at bumps.

I was thinking KYB -GR2 with stock springs? But since my car has 150k on it...i'm thinking new springs as well? Should i do that? Maybe AGX? But the ajustablity is cool but i don't think i'll be using it since it's much more stiffer

Mechanic quoted me 500 (total with labor) for new struts all around (kyb gr2) and same springs. Labor was 165 so the rest was the cost of getting the struts. Although on Ebay the struts are cheap as hell

Also this car will be going to my sister in 1-2 years so i'm not gonna keep it but will want something stable for her

HELP PLEASE WITH SUGGESTIoNS!

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
You arent going to do it yourself? Thats fun stuff dude... Took me 4 hours, easy peasy.

Id say if you want something that'll last...youve gotta spend more money, sorry, suspension is the most important part of the car...well that and the drivetrain/engine.

Kyb Agx's for struts (they are red) and eibach sportlines...

Low Cost Eibach Sportline Suspension Kit
Low Cost Eibach Sportline Suspension Kit
4 Eibach Sportline Springs
4 KYB AGX Performance Struts...
more details for Low Cost Eibach Sportline Suspension Kit
for Acura Integra
Low Cost Eibach Sportline Suspension Kit- All Car Makes
Year Model Part No. Price
94-01 Integra GS-R/LS/GS EIB9327AGX $595.00

www.modacar.com

Modacar

There ya go, and install it yourself. 600 bucks + shipping + tax. 660 total?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i know but the problem is i got a new job that i do 40hrs and i got school.. i would do it myself but thats a no go for now...just don't' have a time...i barely even have time to do my oil change!!!

I also know that for a quality suspension you need to spend alot...but see I'm looking for quality like OEM not a very performance rated or those with alot of features like the coilovers.

But what was the the reasoning you chose the AGXs? And the SPortline Suspension?

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Eibach is a very reputable company, its like one step up from OEM for handling aspects...but still gives you the stockish ride quality (which I hated), too soft.

The AGX's are middle of the road struts...needed for any spring upgrade. I dont like Tokico just because they arent known to last...its a bit of an upgrade over that, with adjustability as well.

GR-2s are alright, but I dont think they will last like oem...or AGX's...

Its a simple combo, and that deal i found on modacar is definitely worth it. If you want to spend a bit more, and completely do your suspension, go with Koni Yellows (a better company in my opinion) and custom spring rated Ground controls (eibach company). Thats only 200 more...with much better shocks and springs...

Id say save your money, and wait until you can do it the right way.

I went with Tein Flexes...amazing road holding ability.

You will most likely need camber kits which could run you 400 as well....So yeah, you need to think of these other factors. Alignment, (install in your case), etc.

What area are you in? Maybe another T-I member could help you out on the install?? Dallas..ahh thats right. Ask in your Texas forum..

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Are you lookig to drop your teg?? you never really said.... anyways I think your best best bet would be AGX shocks w/ Eibach prokit... Pokit hjas a 1.5 F&R drop.. I have them now on my car, it rides alright, its better than OEM but in my option i neds to be drop more!! but i think you will enjoy it.. its a decent drop.. but i used to have H&R sports 1.7F & 1.5R drop so I'm used to my car sitting LOW.. lol

BUT w/ the prokit you dont need a camber kit, so it will save you money there.. I'm guessing here but $300 AGX Shocks + $200 for springs + $160 for labor = $660

If ur not really looking to drop your car you could always get H&R OE springs, its a .5 F/R drop..instead of the Eibach, but I know the Eibach are a better quality spring than H&R.. the spring rates a lot better.

you think you could pull that off?? GL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Tokico Blue non-adjustable shocks/struts. I have them, they are awsome. You can actually get em on Egay for $245 shipped for an entire set.

·
Registered
326 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/15/07 said:
Why not just get a set of used ITR shocks + springs? They're probably $300 used, and are still very easy to live with. only a 3/4" drop.
I agree!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
the thing about suspension is that everyone wants theirs set up differently. If you want a really nice ride with a slight drop then definitely go with Eibach pro-kits. They offer a 1.3 inch drop all around but 1.3 inches isnt as much as it may seem. If you want a noticable drop but just high enough that you can still fit a normal jack under it than go with the H&Rs sport which are 1.75 front/1.5 rear, or the tein s techs which are 2.5 front/1.7 rear. theres also the eibach sportline which is 1.8 around and ive never heard anyhting bad about those, but i have heard tht the H&Rs sag eventually and thats mainly the reason i dont have them in my car. As for the shocks I wouldnt go with the GR-2s if youre gonna lower your car, but if youre keeping you car stock then the GR-2s are a very good replacement. The KYB AGX shocks are really a good compromise between cost and performance and will last with lowering springs. for an insane setup the koni yellow shocks along with ground control coilovers would be great but then youre looking at 750-800 just for the parts.

I would personally reccommend the KYB AGX shocks with the eibach sportlines, tein S techs, or H&Rs cuz they all give a decent drop but I like not having to use a scissor jack to jack my car up.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
H&R sports do sag and thats one of the reasons why I got rid of mine and the fact YOU CANT put a jack underneath the car, but I also have a itr lip...it sat so low it was messing up my lip... but anyways yea itr suspension would be perfect for you, than you don't need to hastle w/choose a spring to match the shock and spring rates...

Go w/ itr suspension BUT make sure you get the ITR LCA's otherwise it wont fit on your car..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys for the input!! I appreciate it!

Now as this car is going to be with me for a year or maybe 2 and then i'm gonna give it to my sister so i want something not as tough as the ITR.

My stock struts were good but i think since they have been so used (150k) that the ride quality started to become harsh...other than that they were awesome.

So the ITR setup would be too rough for me... Remember this is daily driving.... I go to different client sites in cali from Corona to LA to Orange county To oceanside so i need something comfortable.

I'm thinking AGX like sirlaughalot said but with maybe Tein H springs?

I am not looking to drop my car as it already scrapes some curbs

Any other suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.