Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please enlighten me and tell me how to get rid of my trunk hoes from the previous spoiler. i would like to put a type R on but i dont want to have holes i have bought one with out a light! please help i hope to fix it myself

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
proper way would be to weld, fill, smooth, and repaint... if you want to do it yourself, i hope you know a little about body work. if not, a body shop should do it pretty cheap... just curious if anyone knows... does the ITR spoiler fit the same holes as a GSR (or any other teg with a spoiler)? maybe take that into consideration.... good luck

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Weld?

Are you sure?

I agree with everything else you said.

You must have meant to say:
SAND, fill, smooth, repaint

·
Registered
11 Posts
I havea 94 integra ls and I bought a Type R spoiler off of ebay brand new and they painted it to my factory color w/ brake lights all for $270 which is a pretty good deal because It wasn't one of the fake cheap ones. Any ways the one I bought fit right up to the factory rear spoiler holes including the brake light one. it didn't fit at first it was about 1 cm to short but me and my freinds bolted one side in and pulled the other andgot it to go in then toke it off and put it back on and it fits perfect and looks perfect. I love hopw it looks on the car to.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Speechless on Aug/28/02 said:
Weld?

Are you sure?

I agree with everything else you said.

You must have meant to say:
SAND, fill, smooth, repaint
welding depends on the size of the hole... the body shop that did the custom work on my car used filler to shave the rear window pisser, and after 3 months it settled and is now real visible... metal is better than bondo in my opinion. and yes, the correct order of body work is... SAND, fill, smooth, repaint... you forgot enjoy at the end there... haha. good luck. it sounds like the guy above me didn't have any problems with the holes anyway.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
"and I bought a Type R spoiler off of ebay brand new and they painted it to my factory color w/ brake lights "
-integraautox-
real type r spoilers don't have brake lights in them...

if the hole is big you mig weld it, not big, you fill it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts