Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on running a zex nitrous setup with a 55Hp jet. Would it be safe to run spray on stock internals with just an aftermarket exhaust and cai intake? Any info. or help would be most appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
yes and no...

it should be able to handle it, but keep in mind there are multiple factors...

1. ignition timing... if you have advanced your ignition timing you'll want to retard it back to stock or slightly retarded from stock

2. cam timing... you don't mention aftermarket cams or cam gears, so you should be just fine

3. nitrous setup... dry vs. wet... zex is a dry kit, which is fine, but the way it steps up fuel delivery is by increasing fuel pressure through the FPR... while this may bring the adequate amount of fuel to maintain a good air/fuel ratio, it will cause a greater load on the stock injectors and they will fail prematurely

·
Registered
240 Posts
i say go for it... it'll be a kick in the pants...

just be willing to accept the risk that something might go wrong and you could be paying to rebuild an engine... or buying a new one...

·
Registered
271 Posts
u may also wanna look into either an intank or inline fuel pump, a cooler range of spark plugs and a clutch upgrade to handle the long term effects of running nitrous. (all highly recommended!!!) Depending on the age of your vehichle, a full tune up is a great idea as well. A header will also be a nice added part to help w/ the outflow of that nitrous/engine exhaust.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kool thanks~

I have a 01 gsr by the way. I've heard alot of people spraying 50shot with no problems. What would i be looking to run with a 50 shot by the way?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts