Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am going to go all motor with my Teg. I am going to get a JG Pro Serires Head w/ Type R cams, Crower Rod's, JE Pistons, better flowing IM and a larger TB.

My questions are:

What IM and what size TB should I get to get the most air flow and HP increase?

What comp ratio pistons should I get?

I am also going to upgrade the drivetrain around the same time I do the rest of this. I was thinking about the ACT Street/Strip Clutch w/ extreme pressure plate, a lightend flywheel (prolly Spoon), and a LSD (maybe).

If anyone has had any experience wiht these products, please let me know how the preform.

Thanks and PEACE

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
JG will want you to use their IM if you are having them do your headwork. That's fine because they have the most experience and data with their own IM and can shape the port volumes, short turn radii, and bowl to be configured to the powerband location gain you want with those specific cams and your redline. I would not exceed 65mm on the TB....64 should be plenty. Contrary to popular belief (another hyped notion like backpressure people cling to), you can hurt your transient response in the upper rpms if you go too big even with the tapered ones that have 66mm at the plate side. PLEASE DO NOT GET A BBK 70mm TB...it is 70mm oN THE PLATE SIDE AS WELL..WAY TOO BIG FOR ALL MOTOR. Chris Rado's old 8 sec turbo GSR that made over 800 whp used a stock ITR TB with 62mm at the plate side...just to show you how much people get hyped on the big bore TB.

I don't see much point to going past 11.5:1 with ITR cams or you'll have too much cranking pressure.

I use the hybrid street/strip organic disc and Xtreme pressure plate and am very happy with it. The pedal is stiff but not so much that you can't go in stop and go traffic and stall.

Why are you choosing a Spoon flywheel? The Comptech or Toda ones are just as good. If you're getting a deal on the Spoon then fine but please don't cling to the name.

I run a Kaaz 1.5 way clutchpack LSD. You have to break in the LSD by doing figure 8's in a parking lot for 30 min. I hope you have a set of old crappy tires you can use for that in the fronts. The clutchpacks need special 90 weight GL5 gear oil and you have to change it every 30K miles. It ain't cheap, especially the 80W90 Kaaz LSD GL5 gear oil (you'll need 4L). If you use the less expensive Redline or Mobil 1 75W90 GL5 gear oil instead you'll have to add a capful or two per fill of the Ford or Redline differential friction modifier to make it similar to the Kaaz formulation which already added the friction modifier. Don't get the 2 way..you want the 1.5 way...if you are running street or road racing/autoX. 2 way has way too much understeer. If you are running a pure straightline drag car then 2 way is fine.

If you have the cash for a Quaiffe gear type LSD, go for it instead. It's not rebuildable but you'll have to be doing something pretty stupid to break a Quaiffe.

The ITR gear type LSD is the best bang for the buck LSD if you can find one legitimately used and not stolen. I hate thieves and the people who sell stolen parts BTW just for the record...they'll get it back to them in their life one way or the other. It's like a Torsen but apparently not made by Torsen the company...some Japanese company builds them similar to Torsen for Honda..I forget who...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MD, you answered everthing I asked

You said I should only go up to 11.5 comp ratio pistons with the ITR cams. I asked another friend about cams and he said the came thing you said about the ITR LSD, the ITR cams would give me the best bang for my buck. So I have one more question for you:

What cams would you use with the set up I am going to run?

Thanks again and PEACE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts