Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so im stuck confused and need some REAL insite on a few parts left in my N/A build.

first heres the set up
Gsr block with ls crank
built with 12 : 1 compression
ITR head w/ mild port from alaniz
supertech valvetrain
toda c's
and all tuned with hondata
right now stock b18c5 manifold and throttle body

Heres my question, does my setup justify a larger throttle body? such as a 68mm
And would a skunk2 manifold make much more difference than the stock mani. to jsutify the cost.

ive read the articles and tryed to find out whats best for a build, if you have a link that will answer questions and lead me in the right direction then paste it up.

sorry not trying to ask a noob question ive really read alot of thread by MD and others as well as all the intake volume article.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
A stock 62mm ITR TB would be fine. 68mm would be a bit large. Our engines like alot of flow velocity. A larger TB would have a lower flow velocity, but would accommodate more flow volume.

With the Toda C's, more plenum volume and shorter runners on the Skunk2 IM would perform better than the ITR IM.

There's a thread in the Performance section that addresses IM plenum volume, runner lengths, etc. and what they do to the powerband.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help.
ive been reading the articles all night I jsut needed to hear it to understand and confirm it.

I figured the stock tb would be fine despite what others have told me, the manifold I just wanted to hear some input on other than the normal answers I read.

all this im trying to get ready before I pull my buddyclub spec 3's for the toda's
with this compression the other cams just aint cuttin it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.