Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, i just noticed that my generic CAI is actually hurting my performance that to gain..lol... why u say? its a generic one from ebay with a 2.25 piping size... i've changed the filter to a k&n but the damn piping is killing me... well, i'm going back to stock for a while till i get more $$ and convert to the comtech icebox setup (i like the stock look+functionality)

Frank

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yup, that 2.25 inch piping will kill ya...hehe. Good luck with your future CAI if you plan on getting one.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn those ebay bastards....[;(]

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/18/02 said:
To be honest, a cheap eBay intake with a good K&N filter will perform pretty similarly to a more pricey AEM/DC/etc CAI. AEM is overpriced crap BTW.
That depends on the size of the piping my friend...

·
Registered
395 Posts
i ordered an ls bypass valve for my cai and it fit on my generic "inverse" cai. i think it was either 2.25 or 2.50...

·
Registered
382 Posts
intake piping diameter is key.

G3
vtec = 3.0"
non-vtec = 2.5"

G2
vtec & non-vtec = same (don't know if it's 2.5" or 3.0")

I got these measurements from the tech staff over on the AEM boards. Now, if your car is a G3 non-vtec like mine, yea the piping is only going to be 2.5" because that is the proper size.

Frank, the intake you have is 2.5" because I have the same piping from Nakayama matched to the biggest K&N I could fit above the splash guard.

Nothing wrong with these eBay intakes that are properly sized & designed. Well they actually don't design, they just copy the AEM design. Trust me, I've had the 2 side by side & they are exactly the same design & diameter.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jwong1268 on Sep/19/02 said:
intake piping diameter is key.

G3
vtec = 3.0"
non-vtec = 2.5"

G2
vtec & non-vtec = same (don't know if it's 2.5" or 3.0")

I got these measurements from the tech staff over on the AEM boards. Now, if your car is a G3 non-vtec like mine, yea the piping is only going to be 2.5" because that is the proper size.

Frank, the intake you have is 2.5" because I have the same piping from Nakayama matched to the biggest K&N I could fit above the splash guard.

Nothing wrong with these eBay intakes that are properly sized & designed. Well they actually don't design, they just copy the AEM design. Trust me, I've had the 2 side by side & they are exactly the same design & diameter.
yeah ok, but i noticed that my high end power is lost dramatically... it takes forever fror the car to go from 60-100... mph

1 - 14 of 14 Posts