Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have taken the cover off and the belt 'looks' fine (although i havent seen the whole belt yet to see if teeth are missing) well, heres my problem: i understand that the marks on the gears should be at 3 and 9, but mine are NOT....

the right gear's mark is at about 8:30 and so is the left gear's... now before you say that that's wrong

iknow it is.

but im stressing out here... do i need to just replace my belt and re-adjust the timing and everything 'should' be ok, or am i wasting my time and i should just bring her to a mechanic tomorrow? i can follow directions and read the repair manual and understand what im doing, but i dont want to do all this work if im already fk'd...

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just talked to my friend who is a mechanic and he came over and looked at my car and everything seems to be fine. he said the timing belt is loose, but still should be replaced and my timing is NOT off like i thought it was but he says its not. he said check my plugs then my fuel system and also to check if there is any moisture in the CAI tubing and/or throttle body and/or cylindars (not likely). so tomorrow morning im getting 4 NGKs and some starting fluid and see whats going on.

btw: she has 112K miles. and i am still going to replace the belt/s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts