Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am creating this theory off the knowledge I've learned in TI. here's the deal. I have a 95 ls with Eibach sportlines (1.8 drop) and no camber kit, but in need of one. However, the negative camber is not excessive since the drop is not extreme. Now, integra owners that have there car lowered with the Eibach Prokit (1.3 drop) claims to have no problem with camber after a good alignment. So heres my idea....
Im thinking of putting ITR LCAs on my car since they are shorter in order to handle the ITRs suspension whichs sits .5in lower. Would swaping LCAs make up for the negative camber enough (with an alignment) so I dont need a camber kit, plus I have the bulkier ITR LCAs?
Understand what Im saying? will that LCAs make up for a 1/2in of negative camber? other words--LS LCAs can handle prokit w/o camber kit, so why woudlnt the ITR LCAs handl the sportline wo camber kit?

I thought of this cuz my brother (95 del sol S) wants to put a ITR 22mm sway bar on his car, but needs Integra LCAs (my ls). What you guys think? is it worth it?

Also, to put on ITR LCAs on an ls, does it bolt right up? or are different parts required?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i bought aftermarket shocks for a ITR? cuz i need to buy them anyways....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just seems to be worth getting the ITRs LCAs (which are superior to LS and GS-Rs) and getting shocks to match it. I mean the dealer by me sells both rear LCAs for $90 new!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, it is hard to find a good aftermarket shock for the type R that fits the rear. AGX dont fit the rear, koni yellows do....expensive....do the Illunmias fit?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
RuPace12 on Mar/30/04 said:
also, it is hard to find a good aftermarket shock for the type R that fits the rear. AGX dont fit the rear, koni yellows do....expensive....do the Illunmias fit?
If there are Illuminas made for the Type R they will fit..they should be quite easy to find...just make sure you specify they are for a Type R when you are buying them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
why not just get the camber kit?

you'll pay like 100 bucks for the fronts and you do the bolt/washer trick for the rear?

what's the big deal?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno, for some reason my rear has more negative camber. dunno why though

yea i was about to get the camber kit.....but for the same price and can get the nicer ITR LCAs, much bulkier....remeber, those LCAs are from the 'Best Handling FWD Car'

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but still, nobody really answered my question, will doing the swap correct my camber?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
your alignment was done incorrectly. Go to a reputable alignment shop that has done lowered imports and uses a 4 wheel alignment and also determines your thrust angle.

when you lower the car the , if your frame hasn't been severely bent fom a previous accident and is straight, the camber usually goes out in the front only and most people need front camber kits at around a 2 in. drop.

If you are having excessive camber in the rear at the amount of drop that you have, it's either because the pickup points for the A arms are shifted from a bent frame or the alignment is wrong itself.

adding LCA's won't change the camber to correct that.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
rear camber kits are nice, and you can get Sprint ones for relatively cheap, worth it IMO, that way the alignment tech can dial in exact amounts, washers are just guess work, ad if you are way off, you gotta pay for another alignment if you want it perfect...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great thanx guy....that helped alot...I'll be getting a camber kit very soon....which you recommend? Ingalls?? where can i buy them??? hw much they go for?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Mar/30/04 said:
Werd to that, I destroyed an expensive set of tires up front because I was lazy and kept forgetting to get an alignment to correct the camber.
From the camber article:

Many people often lower their car, yet don’t get it aligned. In lowering their car, they pick up excessive toe and then burn through a set of tires. They then blame camber, when in reality it is toes problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can probably save some money if you get the ingalls' adjustable upper control arms with poly bushings from Neuspeed. I think they're 60 bucks a piece. You'll have to get the ones for 92 integras, though. They're the same thing. About the ITR LCAs. It does adjust the camber a little bit in the rear but not enough to correct, say, a 2" drop. They're nice and beefy, anyway. The problem is finding shocks for them. Tokico makes them, Koni makes them (have to get the 88 CRX sport ones that aren't externally adjustable), and Bilstein also makes them (sports). I have the Bilstein sports and regretted getting them. They're stiff enough on compression to make the tires leave the road on even little bumps. I'm guessing that they're about 30% over the already stiff ITR shocks. I couldn't compress the front ones after sitting on them for a whole minute. I'm 165lbs, btw. The arms fit good on my GSR but getting shocks is a pain.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Mar/30/04 said:
I've run on coilovers for awhile and have never had to use a rear camber kit.
i'm on teins and my camber was all effed up. Annie says she's never had a camber kit, she's lowered on the GC/Koni setup pretty damn low. She told me she had problems with a certain set of tires because of the profile, but when she got a tires with a different (lower or higher i don't remember) profile, it fixed it and her camber is fine. How's this?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Different size tires won't actually change the camber however the effects of camber on tire wear can be lessened with smaller diameter tires. But smaller diameter tires also poses it's own set of advantages/disadvantages (speedometer, odometer, load capacity, final drive)

·
Registered
425 Posts
SurferX on Apr/08/04 said:
Different size tires won't actually change the camber however the effects of camber on tire wear can be lessened with smaller diameter tires. But smaller diameter tires also poses it's own set of advantages/disadvantages (speedometer, odometer, load capacity, final drive)
Changing the tire size, rim size, and the sidewall heighth will affect your camber...trust me, I spent 4 hours at a shop with the guy that did all of Roger Foo's World Challenge cars...

Austin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts