Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I'm new here but I have a question. A serious one. Ok so I have an 95' Integra LS sedan non vtec (unfortunately lol) but I recently fixed my car and got it up and running. I had to replace the battery and the thermostat and sensor. The car runs good. Just needs oil change lol but easy stuff, so the problem is that it just started recently that my car's temperature gauge likes to slowly move to the right near the H side and that's when I idel or park the car and leave it running. Whenever I rev my car, or simply drive the car, the temperature gauge immediately shoots back down near the COLD area and is normal again. But as soon as I can stop at a red light or something, it will slowly rise. Can someone please help me out. I would really love to fix it and not worry about this problem again. Also my driver side radiator fan is working when I turn the AC on or whatever but my passenger side fan doesn't work. Could that be my problem?

·
Administrator
43,011 Posts
Could be a lot of things but three things stand out:

- that fan not turning on is a problem. It shouldn't come on until up to temperature. It can be tested easily (link on how to do so)

- Air in the cooling system. This will cause all kinds of wonkiness. Can't stress enough how much a good funnel designed to combat this helps with this issue.

- Really bad: head gasket. A leak down test would help reveal this as an issue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I just had this issue too the past two weeks. Didn't think anything of it because I thought it was a typical honda issue lol but decided to check under the hood one day and found out that I was missing my overflow reservoir. Checked my radiator too and saw that I was low. Ended up filling it about 1/4 a gallon and ghetto rigging a water bottle for my overflow. Haven't had an issue with temp going anywhere past halfway anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Temperature gauge again.

So this is something that I think is just a ground issue between the thermostat and the temperature gauge. Let's start like this. So beginning of the day, waking up in the morning and I have to go to school. I start my car up and let's say a few minutes after driving the gauge goes up to a little below half which it should be. After a couple more minutes the gauge starts going all the way to the H side. Like it completely passes the redline. I drove like that for around 20 minutes with the car saying it's" overheating" I didn't notice but when I did it gave me a heart attack. I was scared but then I realized, the engine was warm, nothing was wrong. I was looking under the hood and everything was fine. I felt the engine and it was hot but it should be. It wasn't overheating hot. I was thinking well wait, I was driving for at least 20 or more minutes and the gauge was all the way to the H. Within a few minutes I would have saw smoke right? I mean a lot of smoke. But no smoke was coming out, everything was fine. Could it be a bad connection to the thermostat ground? Someone please help me. My car is giving me panic attacks saying it's overheating badly but it's really not

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't think it was a ground issue. Did you replace the thermostat with the correct one? Maybe there is a bubble somewhere in your system. Try doing a coolant drain and refill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
nimbus2000_db7
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing