Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im putting a wings west kit on my car and giving it a paint job. Here's the question.... There is this guy in my town that does some straight up awsome work. He has painted a couple of show cars around town and they look kick ass; anyway he said he would paint it and put the body kit on for 1600.00 and it would be 300 more dollars to change the color (doing inner doors around hatch etc) anyway i was thinking about just taking it to the local Macco or maaco however you spell it, anyway they offer paint jobs starting at 200.00 all the way up to their best one at like 800.00 what do yall think i should do.. any experience with maco? I know this one chick that has a 250.00 maco paint job and it actually looked pretty descent.. well what do yall think i should do???
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
macco =bad
thats the only thing I've ever heard about them

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Iv'e heard from many a source that maaco paint is sh*tty and will peel off in about two years. You could probably put on most of the body kit yourself and save alot of money. The side skirts are harder than the front and back bumpers so you may need someone to do those for you otherwise look around town theres alot of smaller places that do good jobs for cheap.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yes, maaco is crappy, but you get what you pay for.
if it takes 2 years for a maaco to peel off, then i'd just assume pay 250 now, and plan on paying 250 in 2 years, if i even have my car that long. do you know how much more you'll pay a body shop to paint the same thing, for a "permanent" job?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't go macco had them do my old car and the paint peeled in 2 years ,plus it had a orange peel effect on it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can't believe you guys would actually complain that a $250 dollar paint job only lasted 2 years what do you expect it to do? win car shows or something.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I dont think they are complaining just informing the guy what will happen to his paint in two years

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
worldwar3 on Aug/07/02 said:
damn....i think i should get one from maaco now..cuz im selling my car...so it will look good right now..
I think thats what alot of people use it for

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
there was another post just like this a few days ago. maaco sucks. get over it. you get what you pay for. blah blah blah. same questions and same answers.

the reason why maaco sucks is because they use cheap paint, use only two layers of it, and do a sh*tty job with it at the same time.

someone said it's okay because it's only $200 after all and it lasts two years. it's not going to look great for two years and all of a sudden start peeling. it'll slowly deteriorate until it starts peeling like an orange. it won't look good after six months or so, i bet. i have seen people that get paint jobs at maaco, and not a single one was happy with the job they did. i repeat. NOT A SINGLE oNE!

after all, all it comes down to is what you do with your car with your money. your car, your money, your call. we're just saying it's not a good idea. nobody's twisting your arm about it, right? good luck with your new paint job though. my stepbrother just got his celica painted in championship white. the car had some minor body damage as well. including all the body work, the paint job was $2200 in nyc. that's original honda paint, entire car even inside the engine bay. that's a deal. $200 maaco job is a fraud for suckers.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
wow i wish we had the post about this from the old forum. it went on for like 4 pages of people complaining about all their bad experience with macco. one of my friends was gonna get a macco paint job and i told him to read that post. needless to say, that boy went as for from macco as he could. THEY SUCK

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
im on the i have seen their paintjob with my own eyes and i would rather paint it myself with whiteout than let them do it. and i am using the experience of about a thousand other people to back up that the one isaw wasnt the only one.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
hootb18 on Aug/07/02 said:
im on the i have seen their paintjob with my own eyes and i would rather paint it myself with whiteout than let them do it. and i am using the experience of about a thousand other people to back up that the one isaw wasnt the only one.
same here, I saw a eclipse with a orange paint job and it looked like crap

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
95TegLS on Aug/07/02 said:
do you guys know from experience, or are you on the Maaco has bad paint bandwagon?
if you're willing to risk your car and go get a maaco job, go right ahead. like i already said, your car, your money, your call. i do know from experience - it's not a first hand experience for i'm not stupid enough to do that. i've seen the work that maaco does and it's quite horrifying. i would never put my car through that kind of experience. we're just trying to help people out by voicing out OPINIoNS. maybe not all maaco is that bad. quite frankly, i just don't know for sure since i haven't been to each and every one of maacos around the country. whether you follow the advice or go it your way, it's up to you. again, your car, your money, your call.

i find it quite annoying that all these 16 or 17 year-olds throw around the biggest attitude around here... of course i'm not saying that about every 16, 17 year-olds. but the very opinionated and eternally thick-headed few just ruin it for everyone else. if you don't agree with what people say, don't ask the questions in the first place. the answers are already given, but for some reason, they keep arguing without any substantial evident backing them up whatsoever.

by the way, hoot. do you think you can hook me up with some ssbp whiteouts? i need a couple of gallons of it to paint my car...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yeah no problem. i can do the mixing myself too. a couple hundred bottles at my local revco. and then add some blueberry koolaid. talk about quality.

·
Registered
400 Posts
250 dollars? geez...they're gonna use a single stage paint....which is..the paint color and clear coat together...very nasty...as opposed to regular paint job...ya got your layers of base paint...then layers of clear coats....u can wetsand and buff dual stage paint...but not single!! your car will NOT shine...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts