Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today as i was driving to work, i got in an accident. to cut the story short, i was not at fault and the person's insurance will be covering it. everyone was fine, just a little shaken up.

the worst part is my teg. probably need a new bumper because it is beat up pretty good, holes, etc.. and also my front fender is smashed in really good. and worst of all, my clear corner was cracked open.

do you think they will be able to fix my car back to the way it was before? or are things not going to fit like they use to, eg. clear corners.

when my girlfriend smashed up her civic, the body shop didn't get everything perfect.

·
Registered
476 Posts
hmm sorry to hear bout that man.. hopefully you'll get alot for it.. ever considered jdm conversion? maybe you'll get enough back for that.. since you did say its smashed up really good.. well the fender.. and a new bumper.. why not do jdm converion? hehe jdm jdm jdm

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
You'll probably get a check for the replacement parts and labor at dealership prices. So, if you do at least some of it yourself and find the parts yourself, you can probably make some $$$.

I know a guy that bought a beat up old Ford truck for $350, some lady crashed into the back bumper while it was parked, and her insurance company wrote him a check for $700 and told him he could do whatever he wanted with it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've never really been involved in this kind of stuff. do i get a big fat check or will they just get someone to fix it for me and give me a rental car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
i had a huge tree branch fall on the back of my teg last christmas, my insurance wrote me a big check and with that money i was able to fix my car more of how i want it to look.

·
Registered
221 Posts
how they fix it depends on who you take it to, find a mechanic you know or someone you can trust and have them do the work, you can also pick the parts yourself, like vi3tgsrb0i said go with jdm.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay and being covered Daro.

I dunno if Canadian and US insurance companies work the same way. They might just refer you to an approved body shop and have them do the work at no expense to you.

You gotta be really inquisitive though and find out exactly what your policy covers, and what kinda work the shop plans to do. Just to make sure they don't cheap out on some crappy touch up job, when they should be replacing ithe bumper altogether.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
When you take your teg to the body shop to get it repaired, make sure you shop around. Try to take it to a place that especilize in import cars, so they can do a good job at it and get the fit correctly. I think you can tell a good job was done when the fit is right.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car my friend. I hope that you get it fixed up soon.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
yeah they will fix her up back to her pimpish self,, Trust me, no other Teg has gone through what my baby has gone through, your outcome would be great...

Frank

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i talked to insurance, and they asked me who i wanted to take it to. i said i don't really have a regualar place, so they are taking it to the Acura collision place. hehe. that place is SOOO expensive. i've gotten quotes there that almost doubled other places.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts