Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up people just letting you all know that my project LS/VTEC is under way. here is the list of parts im going with:
ported-n-polished B16 Head
S2 stage 2 cam shafts
S2 valve springs
S2 high compression valves
S2 titanium retainers
LS block
USDM ITR pistons .25 over
ls rods cut to fit the itr pistons
micro polished crank
Tranny
JDM GSR tranny
exedy stage 2 clutch
ITR fly wheel
bolt ons
ITR IM
GSR TB
AEM intake
DC 4-1 header
2.5 in test pipe
stock ITR cat back(make it sound good no reason for a fart can)
and by aug a 55 shot of nitrous
and of course new bearings, gaskets, arp studs and bolts and a 1000 miles to break in the new engine. If all goes well should be done by end of march and hitting the track in mid april. Ill post up pics and updates in the near future.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
to all the guys who replied: how do you know if it's any good if you don't know what he's shooting for?

have you not read ANYTHING on this site and flying that BLIND ?

dude...you're going to have to get your act together and do some homework...the thing is so full of holes that it makes Swiss cheese look like it's a solid wall.:

"ported-n-polished b16a head": that's pretty vague.

why do you need ti retainers again?

"LS rods cut to fit ITR pistons" why not just use P30 pistons (11.5 CR with a stock head gasket) and forget the cutting (which would need shotpeening afterwards) ?

why do you need a micropolished crank?

I could go on...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Get a big bottle of No2, it's a more practical route for you.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Feb/07/06 said:
to all the guys who replied: how do you know if it's any good if you don't know what he's shooting for?

have you not read ANYTHING on this site and flying that BLIND ?

dude...you're going to have to get your act together and do some homework...the thing is so full of holes that it makes Swiss cheese look like it's a solid wall.:

"ported-n-polished b16a head": that's pretty vague.

why do you need ti retainers again?

"LS rods cut to fit ITR pistons" why not just use P30 pistons (11.5 CR with a stock head gasket) and forget the cutting (which would need shotpeening afterwards) ?

why do you need a micropolished crank?

I could go on...
Agreed. I didn't understand either....

I also don't understand the need for all the S2 stuff when he plans on using OEM rods and pistons....

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
without knowing the power goals you sort of are guessing as to what he's trying to achieve and the huge missing pieces are the ECU tuning and injectors sized for the power goal.

11.5:1 CR with nitrous...have fun tuning with that 1 (on and off the button).

stage 2 cams and 11.5 CR isn't bad on the overcamming..they sort of like 11.6 and up but 11.5 on a PR3 head is ok with those cams.

you can see what 11.5 vs 11.8 actually does to cranking pressure with the 49 ABDC with the st 2 intake cam closing spec on the calculator vs a stock ITR cam 45 ABDC on a B18B bottom end specs.

stock high silicon pistons and nitrous detonation hit doesn't really look pretty and a stock LS rod (hopefully he'll shot peen it or something)....depends again on his power goal on and off nitrous. if it's sky high and beyond the stock LS rods' ability, then you would know...if he listed his goal...hint hint LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts
OutkastLSturbo on Feb/07/06 said:
Why would a bigger bottle be a more practical route? Watching too much Fast and the...
Hey High School drop out, i was being saracastic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.