Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i never thought it would happen, but my peakboost manifold cracked last saturday.

I am posting this because I have had a very easy time dealing with www.cheapturbo.com (phoenix turbo) and wanted to share this with everyone.

I explained to them that I Really need the manifold by this friday (4 more days) and they are working with me to get me a new manifold by that time.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
wow...that must have been a one-off fluke, I don't think I've ever come across anything negative about Peakboost's manifolds.

good to know they're doing what they can to take care of it asap

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
I bet any money something was hitting against it...

Look at your clearances, imagine the radiator or something tapping it every few seconds/minutes...that is what would have caused a break. At extreme temps, that would probably be one of the hottest spots too...

I believe it was placement, personally.

Goodluck getting it fixed/changed out, it shouldnt take long, they are good people at both peakboost and cheapturbo.com.

Lates

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SirLaughsALot on Sep/10/07 said:

Look at your clearances, imagine the radiator or something tapping it every few seconds/minutes...that is what would have caused a break. At extreme temps, that would probably be one of the hottest spots too...

Goodluck getting it fixed/changed out, it shouldnt take long, they are good people at both peakboost and cheapturbo.com.

Lates
Actually, I have quite a bit of extra room I have moved things as best as i can for airflow

·
Registered
299 Posts
thats the first time i have heard anything negative on a peakboost manifold. How long have you had it? still thats only one broken manifold out of how many and how many reviews?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Does your wastegate plumb back to your downpipe? I could see how that crack could form with continuous cooling cycles esp. if there was a lot of tension on the wg after bolting down. It might be a good idea to revise that part of the piping so it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Lates

Either way the radiator tapping against the manifold shouldnt be enough to ever crack that manifold. The radiator is SOOOO much softer than that turbo manifold any tapping against the radiator would break the radiator a million times before the manifold should crack. For me ive seen a lot of "high end" manifolds crack and several times the makers have stepped back and basically said too bad. They should be replacing it for you for free since thats one of the reason everyone chooses a much more expensive manifold but if they make you pay then youre probably better off with a different brand

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Call Peak boost they will fix it for free

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
That just goes to show that even the best brands have their fair share of faulty products. It's the really good companies that know, understand and stand behind their products when someone does get a fualty one. Good to hear they are helping you out.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
Yup they do..

Hmm, do you properly turn off your car all the time?

With turbo cars, you always have to wait 30 seconds and let it idle before turning off the ignition....bet ya didnt do that a few times....

Anyways, whats happened, happened, its getting resolved, dont worry about it.

Thread done, lol.

·
Registered
956 Posts
In all my boosted cars I let the wideband warm up before start, start the car and not move it an inch till oil pres builds up and the car warms up for a min or two.. then when I'm finished ready to park it, depending on how hard I ran it, I manually turbo time it [leave it running] for 30 sec - 2 min to prevent the oil from coaking up n the turbo.

Of course I could just be retarded.. Its just a habit, I'm sure someone told me do that crap when I first got a honda boosted and I've done it ever since.

DK

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
T04EGSR on Sep/10/07 said:
Could have happened because of high EGTs... possibly..
I have had 1500f egt at end of the track for 10 or 11 runs steight with out any issues. Unless the manifold is getting really hot then getting hit with cold water, I do not see how EGT would effect this.

WAWA(92) 1300f usually
C16(116) 1150f usually

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Yup they do..

Hmm, do you properly turn off your car all the time?

With turbo cars, you always have to wait 30 seconds and let it idle before turning off the ignition....bet ya didnt do that a few times....

Anyways, whats happened, happened, its getting resolved, dont worry about it.

Thread done, lol.
As t4 already pointed out, that has nothing to do with the manifold and everything to do with letting the oil drain from the turbo and prevent coking. Pretty basic turbo info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.