Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
I think you've made this waaaaay to complicated for what it really is.

Get yourself a breather box. Install two hoses from the breather box, to the back of the block where there's two closed-off ports. Additionally, get two -an fittings welded to your valve cover, and run hoses from there to the breather box.

Done.

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
I mean its better than just not having a catch can in between oem pcv hose and helping positive case pressure right? Especially since now it won't be getting any oil and grime into intake
From the looks of it, you certainly will get oil into the intake. Your hose on the intake manifold is pulling from an oil catch can with oil vapor. That's literally getting sucked into the manifold. What do you think will happen under boost? That's a huge boost leak that you have plumbed. Positive pressure will be going right into that catch can.

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
You still have vacuum & boost coming from the intake manifold. While cruising, oil vapor will be sucked into the motor. Under boost, positive pressure will be going into the catch can which will be a HUGE boost leak.

You really need to re-think this setup, as you're setting yourself up for failure when you have this running.

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
Follow the red-line. You have no PCV in this path.

You simply cannot have a live vacuum/boost line going to the catch can.

The entire purpose of this is to relieve crankcase pressure. Your oil can is not vented, and should be. It should be routed to the crankcase (either to the block, or to the valve cover, or both). A vented oil catch can is designed to reroute oil collected from the oil vapor, back into the engine's oil supply, while relieving the pressure buildup in the crankcase via filters on the catch can.

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
The hoses in the back is both blow-by (crankcase pressure) and oil. Pressure in the crankcase will naturally cause oil to also be pushed out. Because the ports on the breather can are on the bottom, any oil that gets pushed out will also naturally flow back into the block via gravity.

And yes....#2 is what you should be doing.

· Administrator
4,624 Posts
Ohhhh... Okay.. Well in that case, IMO I don't think I'd ever run hoses to the actual crankcase, if I really wanted extra blowby plus the oil to return to engine, I'd just run 4 hoses to valve cover to can, then one or 2 hoses to the oil pan or filter or anywhere that can receive oil that doesn't have blowby pressure so it's strictly only going into oil system.
No.

The crankcase is the block. This is where you need to relieve the crankcase pressure the most, or at the valve cover....or both. You do NOT want blow-by to return to the engine. This is what you're attempting to get rid of.

The area under the valve cover and the crankcase (block) are all connected. These aren't separated. If they were, oil wouldn't be able to get to the cylinder head. Anywhere there's oil, there's crankcase pressure (blow-by), including the cylinder head. I keep seeing you reference blow-by pressure vs the oil system. It's all the same.

Running your hoses to the block is the easiest and most efficient way of reducing crankcase pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.