Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already done my basic bolt ons of I/H/E. My next step (at least i think) is Cam Gear, Cams, valve springs, and intake Manifold. I'm looking to still be CARB legal so i can pass smog. I want to get skunk 2 intake manifold, skunk 2 stage 1 cams and valve springs, and probably skunk2 cam gears. Can i pass smog with these mods or does anyone suggest doing something else to the car first. Like maybe some guges or a VAFC???
thanks.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
My suggestion:

Before you start fiddling w/ tuning your internals, toss that hanus oem cat that is choking off your engine and get a carsound cat. Then go for the other stuff.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yes a high flow cat would be the next logical mod. Everything except the manifold will be hidden and won't cause you to visually fail smog. I don't think the Skunk 2 IM has a CARB # and this could cause a problem. I imagine if the car is properly tuned, then the other mods would pass the sniffer. I don't have any first hand experience, however. I don't have cam gears yet, but when I get them I'm not going to modify the covers so that they are visible. They won't question what they don't see. I am wondering if my B&M adjustable fuel pressure regulator is going to cause a problem. Any CA members with experience?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
if you read the article mike delaney wrote about cams he talked to dave hsu at skunk2 and dave says stage 1 is emmisions legal. i also heard crower 402's can be streetable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone suggest Skunk 2 all around. Or is there another kind of brand for Cam gears that are better than skunk 2? Im firm on getting skunk 2 cams,but the cam gears im not sure.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The Skunk2 cam gears are lightweight and have 6 bolts so they are a pretty good choice especially considering they are less expensive than most of the others. The only downside is that the bolts are allen key bolts and not regular hex but I think there being 6 of them holding the gear in place more than makes up for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts