Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, i just installed the panasonic DVR 909 U and a monitor, here is a pic, i need some help though, anyone know how to override the feature where u have to have the e-brake up to have video going to the monitor? i know its a safety feature but ive heard there is a way to ovveride it? any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Being it a Panasonic i'm pretty sure that it is a negative input(-).Simply ground the wire and there you go.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That's like disabling your air bag dude. I strongly recommend against this. If you think you have the will power not to look at the screen while you're driving you are sadly mistaken. It's human nature to look at moving images. For your safety and for those driving around you please reconsider. By the way sweet head unit.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
there is one major exception to this "not being ok".. for instance, i have a DVD unit that plays mp3's.. the only way i can navigate around is by the on screen display....

·
Registered
472 Posts
do wut gotvtec72 said. for most of them all you gotta do is ground the wire but it depends like on some alpine's you have to make a switch to override it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You could just wire the switch that tells the car if the parking brake is on closed. If I remember correctly it's right below the parking brake, and the wires run below the driver's seat.

·
Registered
940 Posts
passangers can watch, red lights, its fun! u just gotta have some things for the heck of it ya know?
Did you get ur rims cuz you need it? Naww, its cuz it looks freaking cool! same thing

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
dude dont watch it while you drive, its very distracting, and even if a cop sees the lights from it while passing youm, he can pull you over, and its illegal to have on while your driving unless its behind the front seats.

·
Registered
713 Posts
bradleylyman on Oct/05/02 said:
pull the ebrake one click, you can still drive with it and have it on
what he said... the most simple way

BTW cbrf4rocket did you use a 2.0 pixel or less digital camera for that picture? im thinking about purchasing a cheap digital camera and i dont know how bad the quality is.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i heard its illegal to have it playing while driving so beware of that im not exactly sure but just becareful...and the flip out thing is a tweeter if i remember exactly...just make sure you watch where your going and dont put to much attention to the screen

·
Registered
21 Posts
it is illegal to havee it play video while you dirve! However take it to best buy or money audio if you have one near you or even circut city and talk to a technician (some one in the garage that works on the car not the guy at the desk!) and it might take upto 2 hours but they can put a over ride switchin and it is possible I have seen it on many cars and seen how its done. but it is illigal just rember that but nice think about the switch is thy put it way under your dash so you cant see it so if you happen to get pulled over you can flick the switch real quick

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
sony's its a power lead not a ground so be careful...somewhere in the instruction manual it should give the polarity of the wire..if its ground then ground it out and the screen will always be on...if its positive then connect 12v and away you go...but please be careful!!!! those safteys are there for a reason...looks nice though!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts