Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you've all probably seen this setup a million times...just thought i'd show you again

man i'm just noticing how dirty that is...ha ha i need to clean it...

by the way i'm selling my stock boot/knob
HERE

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice,

I just ordered the same boot, and recently aquired a Momo raptor alcantra knob.

What was the installation like for the boot?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Looks great, for some reason my ITR shiftboot isn't nearly that big/high. :(

It was an OEM honda part too! (came with the bag and everything)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
um installation is pretty easy, the hardest part for me was trying to move the console part up past the stupid e-brake so i could get to the shiftboot bracket thing...but overall its really simple. i'm guessing my boot is an OEM honda part. it came with the bag had the red honda tag and everything, but then again i got it from ebay so it was probably made in like mexico or something..lol
i've got a shortshifter so thats probably why it looks bigger/taller

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one with that damn can ring under the cup holder! lol I can't get that stupid thing out. I'm going to have to resort to shoe polish if I can't get it out soon.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
What knob is that? how much? where'd ya get it?
It looks good.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
nikg3teg on Aug/26/02 said:
is that shift boot offered from honda---let me know someone--im gettin one
its the jdm itr shift boot. its offered in red and yellow stiching.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got both from ebay...i won the boot in an auction for 31 bucks, (although you can buy it now for 32) and i did the "buy it now" thing on the knob. i think i got it for like 15 or something...i don't really remember. anyway i really wanted the skunk2 knob, but couldn't find it for a decent price so i sprung for this one..i like it alot better than the stock GSR one.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
hey....I went to Acura Automotive Parts and they have the boot from a 2001 Type R for $17.85. Im not sure if this is the one with red stitching or not cause it doesnt have any pics. Maybe some of you may know.

Acura Automotive Parts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
dbgtlord on Aug/26/02 said:
hey....I went to Acura Automotive Parts and they have the boot from a 2001 Type R for $17.85. Im not sure if this is the one with red stitching or not cause it doesnt have any pics. Maybe some of you may know.
Here's the skivy:
The boot that is pictured is the shift boot for the jdm type R. It comes in black w/ red stich or black w/ yellow stich.
The boot that comes standard on usdm itr's is the same thing but w/ black w/ black stiching.

The difference between the itr boots (both usdm and jdm) is that the itr boot is longer/taller than the gsr/gs/ls boot.

The part that is on Acura automotive parts is most likely the US-spec boot. It will look identical to your current shift boot but longer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
BlueTeg on Aug/26/02 said:
Quote: dbgtlord on Aug/26/02hey....I went to Acura Automotive Parts and they have the boot from a 2001 Type R for $17.85. Im not sure if this is the one with red stitching or not cause it doesnt have any pics. Maybe some of you may know. Here's the skivy:
The boot that is pictured is the shift boot for the jdm type R. It comes in black w/ red stich or black w/ yellow stich.
The boot that comes standard on usdm itr's is the same thing but w/ black w/ black stiching.

The difference between the itr boots (both usdm and jdm) is that the itr boot is longer/taller than the gsr/gs/ls boot.

The part that is on Acura automotive parts is most likely the US-spec boot. It will look identical to your current shift boot but longer.
oh....thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
414 Posts
what shift knob is that? in CrazyTegdude's first pick?

airon, i was thinking the same setup! i love the opional rsx knob and the longer boot w/red stiching. could you post picks?

·
Registered
663 Posts
typeR430 on Apr/08/03 said:
gsr guy can i see ur shift knob?
that sounds a little personal to be asking.
hahaha just kidding. that set-up looks nice crazytegdude. i think i might get something like that. my shift boot now is startin to lose it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts