·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
What is powdercoating?
Powdercoating is a cutting edge technique that is used to apply a superior finish to aluminum, steel, plastic and a small variety of wood products. It is similar to paint, but goes on as a dry powder and is baked on. The powder is a blend of pigments and resin that melts, gels, and cures to form a durable finish. To prepare an object for powdercoating it must be stripped clean of paint, dirt, oil, or anything on the surface. The object must be completely bare; we have sandblasting equipment that usually takes care of stripping. The powdercoating process DOES NOT use solvents thus it does not release VOC's (volatile organic compounds) into the atmosphere.

What is the benefit to powdercoating?
Powdercoating does not drip, run or sag, so reject rates are significantly lower and the finish is uniform and even. Since the powder is dry and can be easily collected, there is minimal waste in over spray. A powdercoated finish offers superior resistance to heat, impact, corrosion, fading from sunlight, extreme weather conditions and abrasion. It is also very chip resistant. Powdercoating is strong, durable and environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TheGSRGuy on Feb/15/04 said:
What is powdercoating?
Powdercoating is a cutting edge technique that is used to apply a superior finish to aluminum, steel, plastic and a small variety of wood products. It is similar to paint, but goes on as a dry powder and is baked on. The powder is a blend of pigments and resin that melts, gels, and cures to form a durable finish. To prepare an object for powdercoating it must be stripped clean of paint, dirt, oil, or anything on the surface. The object must be completely bare; we have sandblasting equipment that usually takes care of stripping. The powdercoating process DOES NOT use solvents thus it does not release VOC's (volatile organic compounds) into the atmosphere.

What is the benefit to powdercoating?
Powdercoating does not drip, run or sag, so reject rates are significantly lower and the finish is uniform and even. Since the powder is dry and can be easily collected, there is minimal waste in over spray. A powdercoated finish offers superior resistance to heat, impact, corrosion, fading from sunlight, extreme weather conditions and abrasion. It is also very chip resistant. Powdercoating is strong, durable and environmentally friendly.
Very well put man! Although, it does release VOC's, but nothing no where near paint. You can do powder coating all your life and not get as much VOC's as you would using a couple cans of spray paint.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
WHoa its awesome. came out nice. I wanna do it to mine but i drive so damn much i never get around to it. someday man someday. and the orange one is hot. i wanna see the white i think white would look hooooot.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BboyKoro on Feb/15/04 said:
WHoa its awesome. came out nice. I wanna do it to mine but i drive so damn much i never get around to it. someday man someday. and the orange one is hot. i wanna see the white i think white would look hooooot.
I have a 99-00 si valve cover, which is the same as a jdm b18c1 valve cover, so if you want yours done, tell me the color and I can do the valve cover and just charge you a core until you send me yours back, then refund the core change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts