Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
"1,000 ft-lbs of nut busting torque"
hahahaah, that's kinda funny.

Great looking tool, I don't know much about impact wrenches so I made my contribution.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Avg. Air Consumption: 5.0 cfm/142 l/min.; @ Load 24 cfm/680 l/min.

Hope you've got a big, massive PSI compressor, or you won't be able to hit those numbers.

Link to a 24 CFM rated compressor.

Unless you're working on dump trucks, I don't see the need for that kind of over kill.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Hahaha, theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to power tools, at least we know that thing will break anything loose..for about 3 seconds until your compressor depressurizes.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Gvtec on Apr/07/04 said:

Hope you've got a big, massive PSI compressor, or you won't be able to hit those numbers.

Unless you're working on dump trucks, I don't see the need for that kind of over kill.
And you're from Georgia?

A badass tool at any rate, but garrett's right, unless you have a big 230 volt compressor you'll have a hard time reaching its rated torque. But if you're working on an integra, that gun running at 1/2 capability should be more than enough lol

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I know why you really bought it, because its got TI in the part#

And Gvtec that is the best Sig I have seen by far, it goes well with my saying for all the EMO kids
"Here's a gun, its got one bullet, you know what to do"

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Shadowhunter on Apr/07/04 said:
Hahaha, theres no such thing as overkill when it comes to power tools
I've screwed up enough stuff to know that a powerful air tool can be more trouble than it's worth.

If you ever have to fix anything you've assembled with an air tool, without the air tool, you will cuss yourself. Had to do a quick shock change on the track car at the track and learned that lesson real quick.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
You have a good point there, I just got done watching home improvement, and Tim allen said something similar to that so I posted it up.

-Ed

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Damn thats a powerful gun but nice. The guns we have at work are pretty sh*tty and my manager just bought some sh*tty ass heavy one... not sure how much torque it has but all I know is that this thing must weigh at least 10lbs.

I usually use the gun to shoot the stuff on most of the way and then hand torque it myself.

Nothing beats a good breaker bar when you have an impact gun as well. I've broken at least two breaker bars at work from people shooting stuff on at full strength.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
woah, the fact that you dont need that kind of tool is funny in itself but it's cool no matter what. im good with my little 250 ftlb husky gun

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
impact tools are the sh*t....

i have a Blue Point 12v Impact Gun and it has saved me so much time over the years it ain't even funny..plus it makes lots of cool noises while doing its work, lol (makes me feel like grunting likeTim the Tool Man)

Gvtec on Apr/07/04 said:
MORE POWER!!!

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
MorningZ on Apr/08/04 said:
impact tools are the sh*t....

i have a Blue Point 12v Impact Gun and it has saved me so much time over the years it ain't even funny..plus it makes lots of cool noises while doing its work, lol (makes me feel like grunting likeTim the Tool Man)
hell yeah, MI guys rule! LOL!

my gun does sound like a mini v-8 when you barely hit the trigger

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Power tools rock. Arg aurg ough! ("Tim Allen" grunting) lol. That thing is cool but I dont think I'd pay that much for an impact wrench. I don't need something that powerfull, but it is always nice to know the power is there if you need it. Hahaha. Have fun w/ it.

"1,000 ft-lbs of nut busting torque"

That part is hilarious!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I don't have the pleasure of using an impact gun at my home (technically I'm not even allowed to work on the car in my own garage) so I am curious about something. When you pull the trigger to activate this 1,000 lbs-ft of torque, how do you make sure that torque is used for "nut busting" and not "arm busting"? That seems like a lot of torque to hold against if placed against something solid.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gvtec on Apr/07/04 said:

Well i work at Nissan as a tech air is running at about 170psi right now and it can be turned up if necessary... as for it running out im not even sure where the air comes from all i know is there is a hose coming out of the wall i use and have never seen the air run out... i bought this wrench because i have borrowed it from a co-worker and i love it its so powerful

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for most bolts i use a drill air ratchet or butterfly impact i use mostly for seized bolts tires, and like them big ass bolts in the suspension... oH and those big ass bolts holding sub-frames on to a car are Terrible without a impact

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
SurferX on Apr/08/04 said:
When you pull the trigger to activate this 1,000 lbs-ft of torque, how do you make sure that torque is used for "nut busting" and not "arm busting"? That seems like a lot of torque to hold against if placed against something solid.
The torque is generated closely to the socket that it doesn't cause the gun to rotate. You can hold them in place with one hand without any problems.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's cool. I wish I could have one

I would be toasted by the homeowners association if they heard a air compressor and one of those impact guns going, so I've never even touched one. "The garage is for parking only" they say, whatever with that but it would be pretty obvious with one of those things going.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
NEVER EVER put a socket in and pull the trigger without it being on a bolt.

Ask me why? try it out your self and find out!
NUT-BUSTING POWER!!!

(the socket spun off so fast and hit me in the nutz!)

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Jacksont001 on Apr/09/04 said:
NEVER EVER put a socket in and pull the trigger without it being on a bolt.

Ask me why? try it out your self and find out!
NUT-BUSTING POWER!!!

(the socket spun off so fast and hit me in the nutz!)
good advice. i had a swivel and socket on the end of my craftsman impact. i was working underneath on the rear motor mount... socket slipped off... flew up and dented the ceiling almost hitting my buddy in the face.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts