Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been told that after the clear coat and after its nice and dry u can or should go over it with a really fine grit sand paper. should i do this or just leave as is??? there are a few spots where like dust and s**t got on the skirt. all in all im proud of my first skirt painting

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I would suggest wetsanding it before you even put on the clear coat. If you are going to use a spray can then you are going to have loads of overspray all over the skirts for sure. Don't put clear on it until the surface is smooth as smooth can be. Then clear it and wetsand the clear. Wait till its all dry, of course, before you do any of that. Definitely wetsand before the clear and after the clear if you are going to use a poof can to paint with.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok , i have some 1000 should i use that or maybe the 1500 sandpaper. i did one last night and has been drying since then so that one should be dry enough and the one im doing today will be ready by tomm

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any one????

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
1000 grit should be fine. Its a little more abrasive than 1500, obviously, so you may have some extra hazing. Mix some soap in with the water when you soak the paper. That should take some of the edge off and help lube the paper.

If you can go to an auto part store then I'm sure you could pick up some 1500 grit real easily. The 1000 will work but 1500 would be better.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and then after i sand it ( with some 1500 that i am going to pick up) should i clear coat again or will that be the finishing touch??

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
You should wetsand the paint before you clear coat it. Then wetsand the clear coat after you are finished with that part. Then polish after you wetsand the clear coat. That should be it. No need to do more clear coat. Don't do more than 2 or 3 coats. Any more than that and it will be too thick and will crack or shatter if something hits it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts