Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got backed into by this indian lady. not my fault and not insanely bad damage but i dont know whats going to happen. My hood is slightly scratched and little bit misaligned. Right headlight is sorta messed up bumper has cracks in it and the bumper light is smashed. OEM ITR lip is unharmed tho. not too bad but she hit 3 separate areas all needing to be replaced. also my front red emblem was shaved and repainted and re-installed(since they took off the whole bumper when they did the process, very expensive$$)me and my cuzin estimated total damage and it was about $3000. she cannot pay it off so shes gonna go with insurance.
My question is that is there a way possible that insurance can give me money for the total repairs instead of buying me a new bumper since they have to shave it and repaint it and etc. with the money ill buy a JDM front for about the same price and it covers all the damage done. Will this accident bring down resale value of my car too, even tho its not my fault?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry to hear bout your ride.

To answer your question about the depreciation of the value of your car, yes the value is depreciated more because of accidents, even if it's not your fault.

The insurance company will send out a rep to look at the damage & then cut you a check for it. What you do the check is your business, which means JDM conversion if you want. $3000 is just enough for a full metal JDM conversion including headlights. You can go with FG if you want to save money, but it will cost more in labor & maintence.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...especially being a type r but if you go with JDM it sorta makes up for it...but yeah go with the JDM...i'm waitin for somebody at school to back into me...my luck they'd hit the side or rear though. Anyways hope everything works out alright
-Jon-

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I'd say JDM conversion, and make sure you get the car racked... well, actually I dunno if it'll have a big impact... but if she hit you hard enough to tweak the frame of your car then get it checked, you might have to get it racked by some auto shop. It doesn't sound like its too bad tho.

Wait... did you slap the lady for hitting you? Make sure you got that in. I don't think insurance will cover that part for you.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
94teggy - me too...i think if somebody at my school hit my front, i'd be smiling the whole time!

also, sorry to hear about your ride. those indian women don't look before they act, i know, i live with 2 indian guys who have mothers with several accidents on their record.

·
Registered
304 Posts
take the 3,000 dollars and go turbo!!! sure your teg would look sh*tty, but a turbo Type-R think about it
people would look into their rear view mirrors and be like "Look at that beat up Integra....Look at that beat up integra passing me at 160mph!!" lol, good luck with whatever you do with the money. Im not a fan of the JDM conversion, i love our circle headlights. To each his own!

·
Registered
939 Posts
easiest way to get your money is to go to a body shop that works directly with your insurance, have the completly look over the damaged area asking them to remove the bumper to inspect it even further so if there is damage you cant see it will be covered. then your insurance company will call you and ask if you want it them to send you the check, take it buy the conversion and find a good shop that will do the work cheaper, so you will have money for the conversion plus some left over for the work that needs to be done

·
Registered
476 Posts
sorry to hear bout that typeR430.. but normally if its not your fault they will send some mofo out to check it out and write you check right there just like what jwong1268 said.. and with the money.. JDM JDM JDM JDM JDM JDM.. and did i forget to mention.. JDM..

this lady ran into me a couple of months ago.. it wasn't enough for JDM conversion tho.. darn.. but it was enough for h/i/e

·
Registered
545 Posts
The best thing to do is goto a body shop (the best you can find that will work with whatever insurance company "she's" with) and make sure to tell them that "money is no object" and tell them to find everything that accident has caused. Then ask them when the insurance adjuster comes and gives them a check if they can just give you some of the money back (part money) and you'll get the parts and have them paint it and install it for you.

Someone ran into the back of my teg and because they bent my exhaust with the bumper damage i got a new aftermarket exhaust out of it. Have Fun!

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you ever decide to sell the car, something like CARFAX will show it's been in an accident.Since an R is an R, I would keep the USDM front.The car will be a classic, I think the JDM front would take away from that.Use any extra money for performance mods.Or for a spending spree at Best Buy.Just my opinion.=)

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Get it racked, it will save you in the long run trust me. JDM conversion or back to ITR man.. Don't do anything to ruin the pure look of the ITR =\

·
Registered
151 Posts
this happend to a friend of mine, granted he had a civic but i think this can apply for any car. some dude tried pushing him out in traffic at a red light. He also got side swiped after the light by the same guy and spoon outta control. Well the good news is the dicks car got impounded and he was in jail for $5,000 bail. The civic however didnt look that bad but, his trunk edges were in different spots, and his bumber had a 8 inch gap in it. The bumber didnt look that bad but it's ruber so it bounces back out, however the frame was bady damaged. Plus his side corner panel has a bad bump in it. So they have to drop his frame back into place plus body work. So get it done by a professional its well worth it. Just cuz it doesnt look that bad doesnt mean it actualy isnt that bad. Frames are important.

·
Registered
151 Posts
this happend to a friend of mine, granted he had a civic but i think this can apply for any car. some dude tried pushing him out in traffic at a red light. He also got side swiped after the light by the same guy and spoon outta control. Well the good news is the dicks car got impounded and he was in jail for $5,000 bail. The civic however didnt look that bad but, his trunk edges were in different spots, and his bumber had a 8 inch gap in it. The bumber didnt look that bad but it's ruber so it bounces back out, however the frame was bady damaged. Plus his side corner panel has a bad bump in it. So they have to drop his frame back into place plus body work. So get it done by a professional its well worth it. Just cuz it doesnt look that bad doesnt mean it actualy isnt that bad. Frames are important.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aww F*ck guys, i was driving at night and i found out that both headlights on the right were not directly hit, the high beam wasnt even touched actually, but both were very dim. as for JDM i hear that the insurance will only fix my car to exactly how it was before the accident. please tell me this isnt the case, do they write me a check or just work on my car?????
i didnt really think about chassis damage how will they check if there is, becuz it just appears like the bumper damage, hood damage,cornerlamp damage, and headlight damage lol $hit thats a lot!!!
anyways as for the indian lady i wanted to break her legs but i couldnt.
HOWEVER my fender on the right side was dented from a while ago and i never repaired it HAHAHA, i figure if i hit it with a rubber hammer right where the fender meets the bumper(she only missed doing that by about 2 inches) she would have to buy me that too(but that would be fraud and pretty jacked up)..if not JDM comes with the fenders and also the sidemakers..beautiful

feedback would be helpful, never had an accident prior to this

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW how much extra is it to get the GENIUNE HoNDA JDM that im planning to get with the real HoNDA HID kit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. The JDM Front end parts are not that much more than USDM parts, but the JDM stuff has to be on a JDM radiator support. If yours didn't get smashed, it will cost some money to have yours removed and the JDM one installed. If you want HID plan on spending and extra $1500. My kit, non HID, cost around $2700.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow..ur car looks great i want it exactly identical..but do u have the REAL JDM HoNDA thats made out of steel..also i want the ITR lip on it..does the kit include the radiator support????? how much for everything with the radiator support and all but no HID???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here's what i'd do...
Take the car to a body shop and have them check everything out and tell them that you want it done perfect and want it to look exactly like it did new and that money is no option and get an estimate. Also have the frame checked. Then take the estimate oN PAPER to the insurance adjuster and they should write you a check for the amount the body shop quoted you(they may not accept his estimate and want to have their own done but either way they should give you a check i think). If you can try and get the front parts back if you go JDM...then you can sell them and get even more $$

As far as the headlight goes...this may sound horrible to do but if you want the extra $$ you can always break out the trusty hammer
(God i can't believe i just said that about a type r)...in the end it's all up to you...i'd definately try to go JDM that look is just sick. But like i said as far as i know they should just give you a check.
Hope that helped. Good luck.
Peace
-Jon-

<Dreaming of what it must be like to have a type R>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts