Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal..this might be a lil OT but o well delete it if it is..So im on my quest to find some Sea Foam..first went to auto zone, they didnt havent.then went to advance auto parts, they didnt have it either. so im on my way to Honda about 30 min away..i arrive and go to the parts department and ask for a bottle of Honda Top Engine Cleaner (same thing as sea foam) and the guy was like uhh im not too sure what you are talkin about. and im like yea i know you guys have it because alot of my friends have it. he goes and asks another guy that works in the parts department and he says honda doesnt make such a thing..so i could see the shelves where they have all the lubricatns and what not and i was like can i go back there and look and as soon as started looking there it was. i was like ahh haa look at this..and he got a lil mad since he didnt know about it..and so now i ask how much is that adapter to put this in my vacuum lines..and hes like im not sure we have such a thing and im like yea you do heres the part number right on the bottle. so i give it to him and hes like $46.xx and im like ok well ill just take this..and when i say that a mechanic walks by and says thats some good stuff and the guy at the part department goes ive never heard off it and the mechanic responds yea that is some nice stuff weve had it for a good while..has anyone else ever had such a experience at honda? i wouldnt hire anyone who didnt know what the hell they are talkin about. i thought i was at auto zone for a second.well thats it just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.

·
Registered
622 Posts
yes i had the same exp. sometimes you really know what your talking about yet they think they know everything.
Most of the time some individuals actually know more than the workers at Honda/Acura dealerships.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Feb/06/04 said:
ok heres the deal..this might be a lil OT but o well delete it if it is..So im on my quest to find some Sea Foam..first went to auto zone, they didnt havent.then went to advance auto parts, they didnt have it either. so im on my way to Honda about 30 min away..i arrive and go to the parts department and ask for a bottle of Honda Top Engine Cleaner (same thing as sea foam) and the guy was like uhh im not too sure what you are talkin about. and im like yea i know you guys have it because alot of my friends have it. he goes and asks another guy that works in the parts department and he says honda doesnt make such a thing..so i could see the shelves where they have all the lubricatns and what not and i was like can i go back there and look and as soon as started looking there it was. i was like ahh haa look at this..and he got a lil mad since he didnt know about it..and so now i ask how much is that adapter to put this in my vacuum lines..and hes like im not sure we have such a thing and im like yea you do heres the part number right on the bottle. so i give it to him and hes like $46.xx and im like ok well ill just take this..and when i say that a mechanic walks by and says thats some good stuff and the guy at the part department goes ive never heard off it and the mechanic responds yea that is some nice stuff weve had it for a good while..has anyone else ever had such a experience at honda? i wouldnt hire anyone who didnt know what the hell they are talkin about. i thought i was at auto zone for a second.well thats it just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.
Give the parts guy a break, he works the part counter, he doesnt do any work on the cars himself. If you're going to parts, it's pretty much you're job to know what you need, and if it's not made by honda then it's not his job to know about it. Their job is to locate parts and sell them to you, period. The mechanics use the same guys you do, they need parts, they go give them a list and they dig the stuff up, the two jobs arent really interconnected.

If you have a question like that, at least at the dealership I use (awesome guys), they should be happy to let you talk to someone that will know.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
br1t1shguy on Feb/06/04 said:
Give the parts guy a break, he works the part counter, he doesnt do any work on the cars himself. If you're going to parts, it's pretty much you're job to know what you need, and if it's not made by honda then it's not his job to know about it. Their job is to locate parts and sell them to you, period. The mechanics use the same guys you do, they need parts, they go give them a list and they dig the stuff up, the two jobs arent really interconnected.

If you have a question like that, at least at the dealership I use (awesome guys), they should be happy to let you talk to someone that will know.
w3rd

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I agree with brit. After all, you don't have to know how to cook to work at a fast food restaurant right?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
96dc2 on Feb/06/04 said:
I agree with brit. After all, you don't have to know how to cook to work at a fast food restaurant right?
Pretty much what I'm saying. Of course if the guy was a dick about it, that's different. But he went and foudn someone else and let you back to take a look at what they had, so the guy was doing his best to help you out.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
every dealing i have had with the parts departments at both my local Honda and my local Acura dealership have been great. i found an awesome guy that sold me brand new OEM sides (not the stock black ones but the optional kit ones) for $200 instead of the $548 list price...i have also dealt with the honda dealership and had great experiences, i couldnt find a 50Amp spaded bock fuse anywhere, so i finaly gave in and went to the dealer and the guy immediately knew what i was talking about, he even asked if the integra used the shorter blades or the longer ones...

it all depends on who you get, he may have just been a dumbass

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
br1t1shguy on Feb/06/04 said:

yea well i guess i did overreact to the subject..and i do understand that he works the parts counter but still he should know a little bit i mean come one he does get the parts for u and he probably seen alot of parts and he should know a lil bit. but yea i agree with you on this one, it was just the mood i was in because of the weather and personal things going on..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts