Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week my car has had this problem.... will start fine then turn it off come back a couple of hours later try to start and nothing.. battery is not dead because lights and everything come on fine... i called acura road side and they sent someone to jump me car started when they came to jump it... then i was like ok... went out to discount to get a new battery just incase it was going... put it in drove car home and turned it off... went to leave again same thing turn key and nothing.. dosen't even turn over i turned my headlights on bright as hell battery not dead... i called acura again they picked up the car and took it to the shop... i called them in the morning and they said they found the problem said that the starter bolts were lose... LOL i said ok don't think that is the problem but whatever i picked up the car drove it home turned it off.. it sat for about 3 hours went to leave again.. turn key nothing... now im getting pissed... called acura again they picked up the car took it to the dealer they said it started fine theres no problem that they can see so they said to come and pick up the car.. then i really got pissed because i know there is something wrong with the car but since they are all numnuts over ther unless their is a check engine light they don't know anything because the computer won't tell them... so now i took the car home.. it started ok about 5-6 times parked it last night started it up in the morning to make sure that it would start up before waiting until it was time to head out to work started up fine.... time to goto work comes around i goto my car turn key nothing.... peice of #[email protected]!#.... so now my car is stuck at home and won't start and dosen't even try to start you just turn the key and thats it no noise nothing.. anyone ever had this happen to them if so whats was the issues.. any ideas would help.. i checked the fuses they are ok... battery is new.... and the starter is tight!!!LOL sonamum *****... so now i turned to the experts you guys cause acura dosen't know their ass from their heads..

thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thats the same thing thats happening with my dads truck.....It really sucks. I was late for school tryting to start it for like 10 minutes in a gas station. I think he's replacing the starter, ill tell ya if thats what it is. I relaly hopes thats what it is b/c it really sux.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea maybe ill try that so far its been to rick case acura twice and they can't find anything wrong... i might have it taken to Palm beach acura this time...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its sucks thou cause with the acura care warranty unless their is part broken they won't fix it... bullsh*t!! as usual

·
Registered
333 Posts
I say it's the starter. If it was your altanator your lights and other stuff would be dim. This is what I would do. Call one of your friends with an integra and switch the starter and if his starter works on yours then it's the starter. That's what I did. Just call up one of your friends with an integra and swap parts to see if it works. That's how my friend got his stuff replaced under warrenty. JUST DoN'T TELL THEM THAT YOU SWAPED PARTS BECAUSE THAT'S JUST PLAIN DUMB oN YOUR PART. GOOD LUCK!! Just keep stressin them about the part that needs replace. hehe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you guys know if a Civic si starter will work?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My 97 GSR did something similar to this right after I got my alarm installed. It would run fine but then once you shut it off, it would not start again. I didnt think it was the battery because the lights came on and all the dash lights did too, but I went out and bought another battery, put it in, and it hasnt happened since. You said you bought a new battery, have you tried putting it in yet? Maybe your old battery just doesnt hold a charge anymore. Do you have any high drain devices like an alarm or sound system? I'd try the battery first. Good Luck!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i had already install the battery after the first time it did that.. still doing it thou.. thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
Not sure if it is a common problem with integra's, but in my prelude, I had a similar problem, it turned out to the the Main Relay. My problem was not exatly like yours, mine would turn over, just not start, as the main relay was not giving power to the fuel pump. Just a thought, you may want to check out some of the electrical components as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i thought it was that too but its not even turning over or anything.. and its giving fuel cause when you turn the key and your under the hood you can hear the pssssssshhhh noise of the fuel going through the fuel rail... i just can't figure it out.... where is the main relay anyways ill check it just incase..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes the car has no alarm i did nuy it used... and i do think that they car used to have an alarm..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, im sure the starter is on a relay similar to the fuel pump...I will have to take a look in my helm and see though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks... that would be great if you could tell me where the relay is.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts