Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Dude - sounds good - what did you have on your dash when you took off? sounds like some ish went flying. Haha. Nice sound though.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Just wait until you get a CAI !!!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I HAD THAT GOING oN MY 95LS BUT I HEARD THAT ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE ENGINE. IM JUST PUTTIN IN AN AEM INTAKE, PLUS IT REALLY KILLED THE LOW-END TOURQUE oN MY CAR.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, with the airbox cover open, it sounds more like a shortram. It's more of a deeper sound. But wait till you get a AEM cai, it will scream when the secondaries open up...

·
Registered
655 Posts
RedTeg26 on Aug/10/02 said:
I HAD THAT GOING oN MY 95LS BUT I HEARD THAT ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE ENGINE. IM JUST PUTTIN IN AN AEM INTAKE, PLUS IT REALLY KILLED THE LOW-END TOURQUE oN MY CAR.
I did that on my LS too... I didn't notice a decrease in performance but after about a month I put it back on (to hear my exhaust more, heh!) and it did feel like it pulled a little harder from a stop (torque). Dunno? Does that mean a short ram would have the same effect?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Ay yi yi, you don't get any performance gains from taking the top of your airbox off. If you did, everyone would be doing it. All you get is a louder sound and a dirty filter...

·
Registered
171 Posts
01Night gsr on Aug/10/02 said:
Well, with the airbox cover open, it sounds more like a shortram. It's more of a deeper sound. But wait till you get a AEM cai, it will scream when the secondaries open up...
what are secondaries?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
when i got my 95 LS it didnt come with a airbox. i bought it at junk yard but the engine was bad so i got the car for really cheap. My dad found a regular filter not performance filter and put it on. It sounds really nice but i think it pulls in too much hot air so the car is a lil slower.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts