Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ! I would like to know how to achieve my goals . My goals are to have a car that has very good handling and driveability .I care about how fast my car is , from 0 to 90 mph .What should I do ? I don't have a job so I'm not getting anything soon , but I atleast want to know what to do when I get there.I think a supercharger (JRSC) would be good since the throttle response is great .So what do I do ?Oh yeah , I'm getting a GSR .

·
Registered
713 Posts
I guess since you mentioned a SC you're wanting to go FI. A JRSC is one of the best, however, GSR are not as good for FI as an LS is because of the higher CR. I have a GSR and am going NA all the way. Check my future plans and you'll see what I plan on doing. But if you want a fast drag teg going NA you're gonna NEED to bore out your engine as well as some good cams and loads of Dyno. But if you really want to go FI then I suggest getting an LS and doing a vtec conversion and then you'll have roughly the same power as a GSR but with a lower CR which makes for a friendly engine towards FI. As far as handeling goes, I autoX and everyone who consistently does good there has always spent more money on handeling than on their engine. For top notch handeling I would reccomend stripping your car of everything... and I mean everything, getting a ITR rear way bar, front and rear upper strut bars, ITR LSD, bigger rims (probably 17's) to lay down more rubber and to be able to get bigger brakes between the wheels, and finnally spot weld your entire chassis.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
What is your peak whp goal?
What is your desired powerband location?
What is your projected budget?
Are you staying n/a or going fi?

after answering these we'll be able to better assist you.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
You can begin by doing this:

1.Choosing your horsepower goals!
2.Choosing your method of getting there!
3.Make a budget!

Doing something right with an Integra never was cheap. If you want something that is pretty quick and handles great, then a hopped up Gs-R will suit you fine. Give it a nice exhaust system, long tube intake and maybe head work and you will have a pretty fast Integra.

Keep in mind, everything works as a system. It isn't how much horsepower one part will give you. It's how well parts work together to achieve their function. Also, having the most horsepower doesn't necessarily mean that your car is fast. I bet I can build a 170 hp engine that would whip a 160 hp engine. It's all about where your powerband is located, how wide it is, and how your engine package (all the parts that make up all the systems that make up the engine) corresponds to this powerband.

ALL of this is in the articles. You must search before you ask and review these tech articles extensively. A lot of us older guys don't like spoon feeding all of the newer guysl, especially if the information is all ready in front of them.

So, please, answer those three questions up top and come back. Then we can point you in the correct direction and show you what you need to do and learn in order to excel.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Xendar on Sep/24/02 said:
I guess since you mentioned a SC you're wanting to go FI. A JRSC is one of the best, however, GSR are not as good for FI as an LS is because of the higher CR. I have a GSR and am going NA all the way. Check my future plans and you'll see what I plan on doing. But if you want a fast drag teg going NA you're gonna NEED to bore out your engine as well as some good cams and loads of Dyno. But if you really want to go FI then I suggest getting an LS and doing a vtec conversion and then you'll have roughly the same power as a GSR but with a lower CR which makes for a friendly engine towards FI. As far as handeling goes, I autoX and everyone who consistently does good there has always spent more money on handeling than on their engine. For top notch handeling I would reccomend stripping your car of everything... and I mean everything, getting a ITR rear way bar, front and rear upper strut bars, ITR LSD, bigger rims (probably 17's) to lay down more rubber and to be able to get bigger brakes between the wheels, and finnally spot weld your entire chassis.
one thing you will learn in Tuan's (Michael Delaney) tech articles is rod ratios: the length of the rod divided by the length of the stroke. A Gs-R has a higher rod ratio (and oil squirters in the block) than LS's and can run boost more safely. However, both of these engines both have low rod ratios, you can grenade 'em pretty easily.

I dunno where people get "the LS has a lower CR so use that". He didn't even mention static compression ratio. It's less expensive (i.e. Pistons, gaskets) to lower a static CR than change the rod ratio. I believe I have seen more Gs-R's make more power off of 7-8psi of boost than most LS's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm interested in a JRSC .I'll need one heat range colder spark plugs , JR BTC or MSD 6 BTM , Fuel pump, Cartech , and fuel pressure gauge .with a short ram intake , header ,cat ,and exhaust ,what kind of WHP am I looking at .I want about 225 WHP.Is that all I need to suport a 6lb JRSC ?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Well, by you've posted so far I'll assume that:

your peak whp goal is 225
desired powerband location = ?????
You have at least $2,500-$3,000 for this project.
You're going FI

With the jackson supercharger running 6lbs. on a gsr w/ properly matched exhaust components and all the necessary boost safegaurds you'll be hard pressed to hit 255whp.

Here's an example of Gvtec's gsr w/ jrsc @ 6lbs.

His mods include:
» Jackson Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator
» Ignition timing at 9 degrees advance
» Jackson Racing Supercharger @ 6psi
» Toda 2nd gen. cam sprockets
» A'PEXi RS Catback Exhaust
» DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
» AEM Cold Air Intake
» Walbro GSS-342 pump

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will I be able to get 13's in the qaurter mile with a JRSC , intake ,header ,and ,exhaust .

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Which at this rate will be when the rest of world is driving electric cars......

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which size rims should I get ? Will larger size rims ( smaller tires) grip the turns better ?I'm thinking 16's or 17's would be the best .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In addition to MSD 6 BTM , high flow fuel pump , and Cartech, what will I need to support an 8lb JRSC ?I don't need new internals do I ?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Perhaps shorter duration cams. I would definitely check to see if valve lash is good, piston rings, etc. All seems good to me unless you want a tri-y hybrid header.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For forced induction I want high lift , short duration , short overlap cams right ? Who makes these kind of cams ? If i get cam sprockets I want to widen my LSA
right ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts