Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2462707306&category=33631

hey guys lemme know what you think. my 98RS is all stock except for cai and some electrical stuff (fogs, 9005 convert...etc) i hope this will be a good add-on to my i/h/e setup. i'm wondering.is this too old? will i have to do some hacksawing because of different chassis size difference between typer and RS? anything would be much appreciated. o and btw, i'm 15, this is a great deal...VERY LOW income. i'm constantly searchin eBay for steals like this...i trust that no one here will steal this auction
thanks guys

OH AND oNE MORE THING. what about my O2 sensor? can i use my original? thanks guys

·
Registered
598 Posts
diameter collector is 2.25"...which would be good for an all motor LS setup...

others things to pay attention to:

4-1 top end power
4-2-1 midrange power

where do you want your powerband to be

high rpms (track application)
midrange (street fun)

it should bolt on fine

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guitar-thanks, bu ti've read the articles, and i have the general sense as to 421 and 41. def looking for 421 i'm looking for size...thanks for the answer, and maybe more importantly, condition/age. does it look okay? you think a 98 would be too old? thanks

as to posting in Gen3...thanks for lettin me know i'll be sure to make that happen thanks again

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i'm aware thanks. i'm thinkin around the vicinities of 100? no idea at all, like you said, 5days is a lotta time. but still, in terms of condition/age...and necessity to replace O2 sensor...anything?

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Damn man, if you wait for two more weeks, I'll sell you my USDM ITR header for 80 bucks...see how high that auction goes first though.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
You can use your existing o2 sensor as long as you don't break it. Everything will line up perfectly....too old? Nah.

BTW, my ITR header has 24k on it...2000 ITR...never seen salt...pristine condition...2 weeks is all you have to wait...I'm taking it out the week of March 15th.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Like I said man, take the next two weeks and look around and whatnot and if you don't find anything, you have one sitting here waiting for you. I'll put you first in line since you're 15 and on a limited income, you get first dibs.

If you find a header cheaper than 80 bucks like the one you found on ebay, grab it! I'm not concerned, this header will sell itself. Good luck man.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Haha, I answered ya, you'll be fine. Take it out of your RS header and stick it into the ITR header...it will work perfectly. =)

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I can't confirm sh*t because my car isn't available to look at...I would like to see that picture...I'm very interested in a comparison...

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I belive it is a Type R header....the a-pipe on the LS/GS/RS is a lot longer than the Type R.

The GSR gets eliminated because it doesn't have the o2 bung...

·
Registered
813 Posts
OK, I finally found a picture of the Integra Type-R A-pipe. Notice how it has a metal "skin" which covers the 2-1 section. This is the what I have always seen on the Type-R. Now the one on header Ebay may be for a Type-R, but it doesn't resemble the one that I have seen in the past.

Also, one other thing. The exhaust gasket that is included with the header is the gasket that goes between the B-pipe and the muffler, not between the A-pipe and the cat. The part number for the gasket that goes between the A-pipe and the cat is 18229-S04-X12.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.