Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people might know that i was gathering info so i can turbo my 92 GSR. I had just got enough info 2 piece together a turbo kit when a saw a deal that i could not pass up. I was on G2IC and purchased a turbo LS . The car has a leaking head gasket, which is a easy fix but i am doing every thing over. I got a LS head for $50 and my boy is going 2 port and polish it for me. I also boughgt turbo LS cams for $100. Besides the headgasket the only problem with the car is he spent all this money on quality parts but has a XSpower turbo. It pulls hard and spools at 2.5k but i dont trust it. Now since a gsr head flows better than a LS i am confused about what size turbo 2 get. I want 250hp so can some1 give me there advice on what 2 run. here is some pics and info on the car i bought
turbo DA

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
What type of driving are you going to be using this setup for?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a turbo DA for awhile. Here is what i would do.

A lot of people on this forum are haters of the XS power turbo. Personally i think that if its not broke dont fix it. I wouldnt buy one myself, but there is no reason to replace it unless its blown. The first thing on your agenda should be to fix the motor, then worry about the turbo.

Some questions to ask yourself:

-What was it tuned with, and was that the cause of the head gasket?
-Is the head gasket the only thing wrong?
-Does the turbo smoke, or is the inside of your charge pipes oily?

If the turbo is OK, then make sure u have an oil restrictor on that so it only gets 10 psi. NO MORE or that thing will blow up. At high revs the turbo will see up to 80 psi of oil. It will help you save that turbo.

After you get the motor finished find a good tuner in your arena and put uberdata or somethin on it.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
have you taken anything apart yet to inspect for wear or damage? I would at least check to see if the shaft has any play. As far as recommending a turbo I am going to leave that up to the gurus. But your first a foremost priority should be taking care of that head gasket. I wouldn't even drive it knowing its leaking.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the reason for the headgasket is cause the car was never tuned. I t has a chip inb it but thats it, and when u give it low gas it leans out till u get on it. That motor is coming out just cause i dont trust it and i just about got another motor for real cheap cause my boy just got a vtec motor so i am takiing his LS. I have a couple of people i know who can tune but that is the first thing i do when the motor get put in.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
For 250hp street car a T3/T4 hybrid is going to be a little too big. The GT28rs is a great turbo, but only if you have the coin to drop on it. Most cases it cost 900 to 1000 new and that does not include the water line kit. You could also consider a T3 for almost half the price. It is not going to perform as well as the GT28rs, but for the money . . . .

What is your budget for the turbo?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
For a horse power goal of 250, I would not pick any of them. They are all too big. Why are you limiting yourself to just those three turboes?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Screw GT series turbos, on stock block motors. If you're trying to save some money-- run a good ole' t3/04e w/ a 50 trim. You'll make enough power to run 13's reliably. Spend the money on tuning-- and you'll never have tow orry.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
integranator1 on Mar/22/08 said:
Screw GT series turbos, on stock block motors. If you're trying to save some money-- run a good ole' t3/04e w/ a 50 trim. You'll make enough power to run 13's reliably. Spend the money on tuning-- and you'll never have tow orry.
After reading till i fall asleep u r right. on my car now is a t3/t4 50 trim. this setup will only be used for about 5 month for the summer then i am swapping in a built gsr so i am going run it the way it is now with my boys head and have a fun time this summer and build a beast 4 next year. No need 2 spend all this money if not needed. i am going 2 take apart the motor and see if everyhthing is good then go from there

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, its been over a year since i updated this thread. Well i did nothing but let the car sit in my shop till monday. In the pass year my 92 gsr was hit and totaled, 95 SE was totaled in a accident, and now i have a 96 SE(Runnig log coming soon) which i have decided to turn into a 4dr turbo type R. So where does this leave the DA collecting dust. Got another motor and that has been sitting 2. So i finally decided to work on the car since it getting nice out and i am yearning to hear a BOV, so i took of the head to see if the motor was any good. To find out the motor is just fine just the HG blew, i will upload pics later. So know i am going to check the head, get a new turbo, mani, waterpump Timing belt, tune it, clean it up, and prime it (HOPEFULLY) i did go 14 months without doing anything
I will update as i go i am going to clean out the car tomorrow and take some pics. Wish me luck i hope to have it running in the next 3 weeks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just called zodiac_00(anthony) and he is getting me a oem headgasket and i already have arp headstuds. If i dont get another head mines will be machined and hopefully done next week. Here is some pics of the motor when i took off the head

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.