Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...after reading all the post i could find on this site about the 9005 conversion and reading the directions a couple of times, i finally decided to do it. so cool, after i finally modified the bulbs and got them in my car, (i was extra careful to follow all of the steps...didn't touch the bulbs and even put the rings from a 9006 bulb on them.) turned them on and they worked great.

anyway i got home from work tonight and noticed that my left bulb was out!, so i checked it out, and it was completly cracked (only about half of the glass shaft thing remained in tact), now here are some theorys as to why this might have happened. theory #1: its rained the last like 5 days, and hard too. i had to drive in this and figured some mositure may have gotten into little projecter case and caused the bulb to shatter???...

theory#2: my little alarm sounder/speaker thing is real close to my wire harness/bulb case, so close that it touchs a bit. my alarm has went off twice since i've had the bulbs (plus me beeping it to unlock my car) i was thinking that maybe the loud siren from the speaker cause the bulb to shatter, or the vibration from it or something??... anyway i was planning on going to auto zone tommrow grabbing another bulb, putting it in, (make sure its installed pretty tight) and moving my alarm speaker thing away from the bulb/harness.

anyone have any idea what happened? and what should i do about the little glass peaces (from the shattered bulb)thats at the bottom of the projector thing (i guess thats where they fell) i don't want to damage the projector lense thing and was thinking about trying to remove the glass with some tape or something, should i even worry about that? or just go ahead and install another bulb...sorry about the ultra long post, just trying to figure out what went wrong

hows that
(in reference to the post below)

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Starting new paragraphs can be your friend. Sorry, but that's really hard to read.

Yeah you should get the glass out of there. (You did ask that right?) Did you hit a really bad bump? I'm sure you would have posted if you did. Even that shouldn't do it. You may have gotten a bad bulb, I dunno.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
any idea about the temperature change in teh bulbs? I've heard if you have too high a wattage bulb in then it might cause the headlight lense to crack?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you touch the bulbs with your fingers? You know you have oil on your fingertips that will crack the bulbs when they heat up. You shouldn't touch the glass with your fingers. Just a theory.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope can't recall touching the bulb...i was (trying) to take extra care not to touch it. well i replaced it with another cool blue. turns out theres like little shattered glass all over the inside of the projector..which makes that light slightly dimmer (and less white) which sucks..
if this one blows i'm taking them both out, tossing them in the trash and putting back in my ultra dim PIAAs..just in case though anyone know how much one of those low beam assembly headunit things would cost me from an acura dealership?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Take off your airdam, take off the headlight and shake out the glass pieces. When I had my airdam off, it looked like you could even remove the front lens cover. I didnt try, but it looked like metal clips are all that holds on the clear outer portion. I dont know if you can see any of the glass, but that is my suggestion.

If you accidentally touched the bulbs, rubbing alcohol will clean off the oil before you shove them back in.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
try a vacum. If you have a decent vacum it should be able to suck out the pieces of the buld since they aren't heavy at al. only problem is getting one with a hose that you can get to the light with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts