Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the list of mods i sent Morningz a copy so it should be in the dyno section soon enough
- Ice Man Cold Air Intake
- N1 Cat-Back Exsaust
- DC 4-1 Header
- VAFC Controller
- Stage 2 Crower Cams
- AEM Adj. Cam Gears
- Skunk 2 Springs, Bushings and
- Retainers, Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
- Mugen Head Gasket (Compression 10.8:1)
- AEM Fule Pressure Regulator
- Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
- Skunk 2 Valves
MAX HP: 170.2HP
MAX TORQUE: 114.5

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea this is after tuning the torque curve is like that beacuse of my cams, another gsr there with june cams had a much bumpyer curver. I Dont mind it so much beacuse i have a pretty good curve off the line. As the air fule ratio its pretty idel according to their wideband. Im happy with the numbers but i think i should have more top end power but i chose crower cams to cope with the huge midrange id be loseing from the IM.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
There's not much you can do about that first hump and power loss from 4000 to 4500 RPM, that's just a necessary evil of the Iceman/AEM design. The second to third hump though perhaps could be smoother but it's hard to tell because they are using such a different scale for the torque curve. Did they play with your VTEC engagement point and find that to be the best place? I'm guessing from the curve it is set at 6500 RPM?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its actually set to 6,000RPM. I don't think there is much I can do about the humps besides maybe leaning it out in some points. But that's another tuning day, any tips or suggestions or even comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next time i tune im going to go to APG (a well know place for their wideband) And see if i lean out some points to make the curve not so bumpy.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im headed to APG right now to do a little bit more A/F ratio tuning. Ill let you guys know the results.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I finally went to APG and did some more extensive fuel tuning. My torque curve looks a lot better IM happy with that. AMS's wide band was way off I was shooting out black smoke with there settings. This was my final run (16 runs) my engine was HOT. I think IM in the 170s with a cool engine. Next mods that are coming soon are going to be skunk 2 ECU, clutch masters stage 2 or 3 clutch, and a lighter flywheel maybe 8 1/2lbs. Again any info or comments would be appreciated.
MAX HP: 167.2
MAX TORQUE: 113.1

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The curves look almost identical to me. Remember the scale on that torque curve of the first dyno was way off compared to the HP scale.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hate to say it...but your first curve was a little better. I'm telling you that scale on that first torque curve is throwing you off. It wasn't as bad as you thought. Here's those two curves actually put together on the same scale.

As you can see the curves are the same up to 4500 then the old numbers were better all the way through.

Peak numbers show a little lower because I didn't add in the artificial power gain the chassis dyno gives with it's leftover intertia after you depress the clutch. Dyno operators should stop the sample before they press in the clutch so you can get a true peak power reading.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here i made a gettho version on paper after seeing this, it turned out a little differnt but your right on some parts. Since the number are infront of my face i think its a little more accurate but also its gettho on a peice of paper so this is the best i could do. Also surfer do you have that program on the computer that you can email it, id love to have it. thanks

Oh yea the X's are messup's ignore those

1 - 20 of 29 Posts