Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I notice when I am driving my car normally. I am in 1st.. I drive to about 3500 rpms and switch to 2nd. When I switch to second my car jerks.. What can I be doing wrong. If I floor it it jerks for couple seconds.. then its fine! whats am i doing wrong

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Letting the clutch out too quickly perhaps? How many miles are on your teg? Could be time for a spark plug change...Are you new to a stick? That could be it, it takes time to master the 1st to 2nd shift...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hrmm I am new to stick.. but I thought i had it down pretty good. I have 130k on car now. Bought it with 129k and everything seem to be ok with car. It just like it started happening to me today.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
That wouldn't really be a jerk, it would more like a bobbing effect, but if the clutch is out and it's still doing it, then it may be something else.....is this the case?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yeah shifts from 1st to 2nd tend to be the choppiest (even for experienced 5-spd drivers).

Usually nothing more than a timing issue.

I hope that's the case. Hard to say without actually seeing for ourselves.
But if that's the case, just a little practice oughtta soften that up.
You can try shifting at a lower rpm, or as JK suggested - let the clutch out a little slower.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
JK? I like that

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Be patient. I've noticed that the INtegra's 2nd gear is a little tall. Maybe slow down your shift a little and be sure to drive so your revs match.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Glad it was just that and nothing else...you'll master it like you knew it for your whole life.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Eventually you get used to it. First and second gear are so short that the engine slows and speeds the car very easily. So letting youre foot of the gas, or puttint it on it results in a jerk. When im in second in a parking lot or something I've learned to clutch in and out so I dont bob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts