Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im parked around the corner from the gym in the Bronx and when I come out, my window is shattered and my radio, cd player, and my box is gone. I really hate people who do this crap. How hard is it to buy ur own stuff? And back in December the same thing happened right in front of my house. Well needless to say im not putting the system back in the car again. At least everything is insured. Sorry for the pointless post, I just thought id let you all know that another Teg was vandalized.

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
If you change your mind and put it back in you should put razor blades on the box so they get cut to sh!t. This worked for a TI member a while ago.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Here's a tip, don't play it pulling up to parking lots. Usually that attracts attention and is where its noticed.. once you park.. its caught and thats it.. its gone. Avoid that.

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
zigga on Aug/31/02 said:
Here's a tip, don't play it pulling up to parking lots. Usually that attracts attention and is where its noticed.. once you park.. its caught and thats it.. its gone. Avoid that.
very good advice. thats what I do.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
me too..when im in traffic..and a black guy is walkin on the sidewalk i turn the music down and roll up the window and stop singing along to my gangster rap.....lol.. nah i dont do that..but i saw that in Office Space ..the movie..yes thats right the movie..not the sitcom..

·
Registered
172 Posts
what kind of alarm system (if any) was in your car? cuz the very same thing happened to my integra but that was before i had an alarm system installed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had no alarm system installed because its still sitting in my room in a box.
The razor blade thing is a good idea, someone told me to do that the first time it got stolen. Oh well im just gonna find a factory radio somewhere or just buy a really cheap one. Im really sick of having my windows shattered. I would prefer if they just popped the lock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
well at least they didn't bend the whole god damn window frame like they did to my car on thursday night...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Ya I must admit I like the razor blade think, talk about instant justice!!!hahaha, thats got to be worth a shattered window!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man ,first you need to install the alarm system first ,I have the whole system in my room from my old car ,just waiting for a car alarm.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im guessing under the box somehow, so when they try to lift it, *slash*- there goes a finger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
from a legal aspect i wouldn't recommend putting razor blades on any thing in the car... in most states it is very illegal to set traps, even for thieves, and you would be civilaly and criminally liable for any injury the crook may recieve... talk about f'd up right?? only in america can you go to jail for protecting your investment
... just giving you all a heads up.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
integra-gs on Sep/01/02 said:
from a legal aspect i wouldn't recommend putting razor blades on any thing in the car... in most states it is very illegal to set traps, even for thieves, and you would be civilaly and criminally liable for any injury the crook may recieve... talk about f'd up right?? only in america can you go to jail for protecting your investment
... just giving you all a heads up.
This is true. I'm taking a class in college called "Criminal Justice" and the professor is an attorney and I asked him this very question. Believe it or not, criminals have rights too, if you set a trap like this, you could get sued out the buttocks.

Here's a story he told us:

Back in the 1800s when everyone farmed, the barn would always be a good distance away from their house. So, theives knew this and, of course, when everyone was sleeping, would come in and steal the expensive farm equipment. Well, farmers became smart and rigged up the door so when you opened it, you took two shells from a 12 guage shotgun to the face. This is now outlawed. You can't set "traps" like this. The justice system values human life over property so doing something like this is illegal.

You can't even shoot someone if they are robbing your house unless you see a gun. If they don't have a gun and you shoot them, guess what? You're going to jail. It's gay, I know.

It's horrible how criminals have rights too, but thats the way it is I suppose. If it's covered by insurance, I really wouldn't be too worried about it unless they jack up your rates. Then I wouldn't put the system back in.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I wouldnt actually put razor blades in there. I was just saying it was a good idea because whoever broke into my car would deserve something like that. This is the second time it happened within 8 months so im definately not putting the box back in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong mugenintegra3, I think it's a GREAT idea, and I would let it cross my mind if I were in your position as well.

The lawmakers at Washington, however, disagree with us, believe me, I don't like it either.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
We could always rig up a 12 gauge sawed off shotgun under the boxes so when the lift it boom a 12 guage to the face. No one left to sure you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts