Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday after work I had a little mishap and I was not impressed. I was backing out of my spot in the parking lot and everything was fine. I back out slowly, look both ways and no one is coming so I back out all the way and go to put the car in first when WHAM!!! The lady that was directly behind me decided not to use her rear view mirror to look and just backed right into my car. I was pissed but I kept my cool. I got out looked at my car and my heart droped. I got back in the car pulled back into my spot and got out to talk to the lady.

She said " Oh, I guess we both backed up at the same time " I looked at her and said " No, I dont think so. Look at the tracks (snow on ground) I was all the way out, YOU barely moved! " She agreed and said " Ya, I guess so " So I got all the info from her and gave her mine and went to my second job. I called insurance and I have my interview with them on Sat then I can get my car fixed.

Anyway, thats enough rambling, here are some pics I took at my second job. Oh ya, she was driving a 91 Cougar

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Well... I hope you don't run into complications and your car comes back from the shop just like new.

What can you do about people? I never did understand why people walk behind me when I'm trying to parallel park on a busy street. It's obviously that I'm going to park as fast as I can and I'm going to be watching the side of the car where there is traffic, not the other side so stupid pedestrians can sneak up behind my car while I'm not looking on that side. And since pedestrians have the "right of way" (who ever came up with this idea, esp. on STREETS).... they always give you the dirty look like you were doing something wrong... USE THE CROSSWALK BEE-HA-YOTCH.

okay, that's enough rambling for me...

·
Registered
184 Posts
sorry to hear what happened....good that she didn't give you a hard time. This happened to me last summer...someone back into my PARKED car and they tried to run but some how their car just died on them....haha Good luck getting it fixed

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Damn, It's really not worth it to park near other cars. I see it happen all the time. It looks like you have some decent damage there. I hope it all works out fast for you. Keep us updated. My car still isn't ready yet and it happend 1/18/04 =(

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, she didnt really hassle me because all my other co-workers were leaving too so they all saw it happen. I came into work this morning and everyone was comforting me cause they all know how I feel about my car. It might take a while to get fixed because there have been alot of accidents latly. When I tried calling insurance last night at 4:15 the number was busy and I didnt get through until 6:30.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would have had the same deal Chris. They told me it I wouldnt be able to get in until March 1st at one location so I asked about the other and it was March 4th but then the lady on the phone said there was one other place she could check and they got me in for Sat.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
when someone backed into my car I waited to take pictures before moving the car. She hit my rear pass quarterpanel so it was pretty obvious I was out all the way and ready to go forward from the spot and then she backed up. Just b/c she told you it was her fault doesn't mean she'll reflect that on the police report or insurance report. I like to believe that people are generally good but after two hits and skips on my cars and only one person staying I think: some people shouldn't drive and don't trust a stranger.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I moved my car because people had to get by to leave the parking lot and witnesses already saw the whole thing anyway. You can tell that I was all the way out from where she hit me. I wasnt at that big of an angle because there was a truck beside me so I had to back out farther before I could crank the wheel. I dont think I will have a problem with getting my insurance to cover it because the witness said that it was clearly her fault and it wasnt even close to us both backing up at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.