Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
this build is just amazing and as legit as they come im glad to see you got back to it after all the years props on the dedication and legitness. cant wait to see the journey.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ended up ordering the OBD2a interior wiring, haven't received it yet.
Hope that works for me, it'll save me a lot of time... and like I previously said, I'd rather not have to cut, extend and solder any wires.
wow!! nice build dude!!! lots of quality parts and looks like the paint guy knows what he's doing which is a +++

good call on the harness as the obd2a is almost identical to obd1 it is the obd2b which has different types of plugs, make sure to get an obd2 to obd1 ecu jumper harness but the hard part will be plugin your doors if they are obd2b, the plugs for the doors change and even the pins are a lil narrower which makes it difficult to de-pin and re-pin to the obd1/obd2a plugs as the obd2a is an obd1 harness with different ecu plugs and the scanning plug integrated as well, the thing with doing this is that your car is obd1 and of course you want to keep it that way as i did the same!:) i just used my obd1 interior harness and just flipped it(i just ended up making harnesses to extend my wiring where needed as i also didn't wanted to cut or solder anything, any question on wiring lmk as i think i may be able to help being that i had to go thru the whole ordeal myself(just two doors less)

anyways glwyb sir and keep us updated!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks

this build is just amazing and as legit as they come im glad to see you got back to it after all the years props on the dedication and legitness. cant wait to see the journey.
I appreciate the words. It's tough to keep going, specially with the delays... But I'm sticking to it.

wow!! nice build dude!!! lots of quality parts and looks like the paint guy knows what he's doing which is a +++

good call on the harness as the obd2a is almost identical to obd1 it is the obd2b which has different types of plugs, make sure to get an obd2 to obd1 ecu jumper harness but the hard part will be plugin your doors if they are obd2b, the plugs for the doors change and even the pins are a lil narrower which makes it difficult to de-pin and re-pin to the obd1/obd2a plugs as the obd2a is an obd1 harness with different ecu plugs and the scanning plug integrated as well, the thing with doing this is that your car is obd1 and of course you want to keep it that way as i did the same!:) i just used my obd1 interior harness and just flipped it(i just ended up making harnesses to extend my wiring where needed as i also didn't wanted to cut or solder anything, any question on wiring lmk as i think i may be able to help being that i had to go thru the whole ordeal myself(just two doors less)

anyways glwyb sir and keep us updated!!
Thanks. I will def keep you in mind if I run into any problems with any of the build.

I finally received the harness this past Monday or Tuesday.. Here are some picts.

I also got some updates on the shell last night from the painter..

Hopefully he'll be done this upcoming week.. Then it'll be time to get busy on it. I want to try and make it to Carlisle. I was hoping for Honda Day in NJ, but that might be impossible with my schedule.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks man..

Sucks having to run back and forth to Acura for all these oem bolts, and rusted items that need to be replaced...

I'm looking into running both send and return fuel lines with Russell Stainless Steel Braided lines or similar, since the short fuel line that attaches to the gas tank and then the send hard line is rusted and cost around $160. Any of you guys have experience with doing something like this ?

I know I'll need -6an for send line and -4an for return. I'm still researching on it, but any help here would help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck with the rest!!!

I think I need some spoon too.

Just out of curiosity, if you are considering getting insurance w/ collision, are they're special packages that would cover all this work you've put into it?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck with the rest!!!

I think I need some spoon too.

Just out of curiosity, if you are considering getting insurance w/ collision, are they're special packages that would cover all this work you've put into it?
I'm not sure about how insurance is going to work. I haven't gone through the process yet.

Speaking of Spoon...
I received a nice package today...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

I was able to finish most of the front suspension. Still have to install outer tie rods and purchase a subframe brace/sway bar combo.. Was looking for the function7 brace, but they're back ordered.

- Tonight I started installing the rhd harness I purchased. Everything seems to be lining up fine.. I still gotta pull all the old wiring from behind the fenders. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow.

more pictures coming soon..

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
finally a thread i can be excited about again. progress is looking really good. a big hurdle seems (for me at least) is spending the money on a paint job. Good job and I can't wait to see it finished, probably almost as excited as you may be. haha

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
finally a thread i can be excited about again. progress is looking really good. a big hurdle seems (for me at least) is spending the money on a paint job. Good job and I can't wait to see it finished, probably almost as excited as you may be. haha
Thanks... And yeah, paint job was costly, but from here on now is up to me to take care it. Having it back and working on it keeps me motivate. I'm very excited and hopeful to have it running by the end of May..

Mailman knocked on my door this morning.. Spoon Sports Shift Rod and Bushings Kit

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I was able to work on the wiring today..

I was able to remove all the old wiring and install the new one. For those of you who have done an rhd jdm front conversion, can you help me in indentify the following wires.

I have a feeling these are the headlight/turn wires.. But if someone can take a pict and post a pict of their plugs that would help me a lot..

Green / Black wires.. Not sure where these 2 wires go.

Same on the driver side -RHD

I was also able to install the lht cooler.. Still need to trim down a little on the bumper..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The green/ black wires look like USDM turn signals/parking lights. I wired those into my turn signals on the JDM front.
Thanks, I appreciate the help man.

Woke up this morning, went to the post office and picked this little baby up :biggrin:

Spoon Sports Engine Torque Damper

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
24 Participants
deesautohouse
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing