Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Yeah, delaying the finish date on the paint job . But I want it done right, I guess.. Should have it back by the end of this month.

In the last 4-months I've ordered-

- Spoon Sports SW388's
- Spoon Sports Calipers
- Spoon Sports N1 + Silencer
- Spoon Sports Valve Cover
- Spoon Sports Wires
- Spoon Sports Carbon Fiber Wire Cover

- 5-Lug Conversion
- ITR Red Recaros
- StopTech Sport Brake Kit
- ARP Extended Studs
- Function7 Lower Control Arms
- AMR Full Coilovers
- Skunk2 Pro Series Camber Kit
- AEM Full Pressure Regulator

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
In the past couple of weeks I was able to put parts together..

5-Lug, ARP, StopTech Rotors and Brakes

Added Upper Control Arms

Spoon Parts

Spoon, SK2 Cams, SK2 Comp. Fuel rail, AEM, LHT, JRSC

Spoon SW388, Calipers, Stoptech

I'm so anxious to get my car back already... Got all these parts sitting around and I miss driving her. Also would like to experience RIGHT HAND DRIVE! :vtec228: I'm hoping everything can be done by this summer. The life of a ricer *cries*

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
I've been running this site for many years now and I must say, I've never ever seen door panels like this either in person or even a picture (until now)... those are sweet/different

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
WOW. very nice DB8 build.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I've been running this site for many years now and I must say, I've never ever seen door panels like this either in person or even a picture (until now)... those are sweet/different
Thanks man... one of the reason I bought the doors/panels together was because all the door wiring was there. Now I'm trying to locate a 4door JDM 4door integra interior wiring harness, so I don't have to chop and extend my stock one.

wow! Had to get that out.
Thanks.

My USDM DB8 lusts for a black JDM/EDM DB8 interior. Those door panels are awesome.
hmotorsonline. I've ordered a lot of my parts from them, great service. (just DON'T email them. Call them)

WOW. very nice DB8 build.
Thanks man. These kind words give me a boost of motivation

This thread is so amazing, I really cant imagine how much you have invested in this! I have had my DB for three years and finally I'm getting a swap done next month lol. So much win and great parts. Exactly how I would go about mine if I had the money...
First of all, thanks. I've lost track on how much I've invested. Over the past couple of yrs that the car has been down I've contemplated, selling the shell, selling the motor, but the market has stop me. I would lose so much out of just selling it. So instead, I'll just keep throwing money at it and finish it. Hopefully I can keep it for years and years to come..

There prob won't be too many updates until the end of the month, when I get the car back. Hopefully I get it back soon. I'll update the thread once I get it back.:popcorn:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow! Lots of awesome parts going into this, expensive build! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
for anyone keeping up with my thread... I need some electrical help..
Keep in mind, My car is OBD1.

As you guys know, I did the right hand drive. I've been reading I can just flip the full interior harness and extend wires.. I really don't want to do that. I'm trying to source a full OBD1 RHD 4door integra interior harness, but so far, no luck.

I was able to locate an OBD2 RHD 4door Integra Interior Harness, would I be able to use this OBD2 harness in my integra ?
I'm just not sure whether OBD1/OBD2 matter when it comes to full Interior Harnesses. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
I'm sure it's possible.... my 99 GSR (ODBII) is running an ODBI ECU with a simple converter harness in place (bought mine from Xenocron.com)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Its going to be difficult as there are a few different plugs on the interior. i attempted to install an obd2a harness from a 1996 or 1997 integra into my obd2a 1999 integra and there were interior clips that did not match up at all, one of which was near the fuel tank. i gave up and repaired my stock harness. So its not going to be a straight forward plug-n-play style of install, you will have to do some research to figure out the differences and how to overcome them

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm sure it's possible.... my 99 GSR (ODBII) is running an ODBI ECU with a simple converter harness in place (bought mine from Xenocron.com)
I might give it a try..

Its going to be difficult as there are a few different plugs on the interior. i attempted to install an obd2a harness from a 1996 or 1997 integra into my obd2a 1999 integra and there were interior clips that did not match up at all, one of which was near the fuel tank. i gave up and repaired my stock harness. So its not going to be a straight forward plug-n-play style of install, you will have to do some research to figure out the differences and how to overcome them
Do you remember what interior plugs/clips ? I can't think of too many things that will need to be connected besides 4doors, tail lights, fuel pump and fuel gauge..

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
there was something near the fuel tank that did not plug in. i gave up there. i had my entire car torn apart, thought i had a plug and play harness and found out i did not. so i dont know exactly what it was, i just know its not going to just plug in. gunna have to do some wiring research and see whats different, it wasnt worth the time to me, i rewired a few wires in my original harness, fixed its issue and recycled the other harness.

if you have time for downtime (since you did a rhd front i assume you do) give it a shot, it can only be a few wires, it just wasnt worth my time, adn the teg is my DD

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I ended up ordering the OBD2a interior wiring, haven't received it yet.
Hope that works for me, it'll save me a lot of time... and like I previously said, I'd rather not have to cut, extend and solder any wires.

On other goodies-

Got another shipment of Spoon Sports..

Momo Steering wheel and horn

Spoon Sports Baffled Oil Pan

Spoon Sports Rearview Mirror, Oil Cap, and Reservoir Tank Covers

In the near future I'd like to get a Spoon Sports Shift Knob, shift bushing kit, change rod, radiator hose, rear strut bar and side mirrors..
I was thinking of also getting the Spoon Sports Bonnet and lip, but I'm going to wait until I get the car back to see how it looks. Most importantly, I'd also like to make sure I get the motor running and tuned properly, before I spend any more on parts

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
24 Participants
deesautohouse
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing