Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just became a member of this site yesterday. I know im going to put a sound system in this car and it is all worked out. But i also want to get some extra accesories for the car. I have heard that the "Halo" headlights are very good but i would like an opinion on this. Also many of you have hooked up Tegs so if you could just give me some advice on what to put on this car like, tints, neons and such. Also since i dont have too much money for like a bodykit and such so just some recomendations of accesories of the above sort would be cool. Also getting the "inverse" tail lights would be something im interested in, an opinion on this would be cool. (the inverse tailights are also reffered to as Euro lights or Altezas if you dont know what im saying)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dude...it's your car...you don't need our opinions...do what you want. You're gonna get a million conflicting opinions on here about whats cool or what blows. Just because someone says Altezzas blow doesn't mean I think the same thing....make your car look the way you wnat it to look. Do you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
if you want my opinion...which probably the common ones hmm...here they are.

1. Ditch the idea of Halo, invest in HID retrofit if u want more light and nice beam
2. Keep the stock tails, your stock tails are alot nicer than Euro tails
3. Save money to invest in a drop, and a lip. some detailing tools then you're set for exterior.

My 2 cents though, everyone one has his own peace.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome! okay, my 2 c's.....personally I too like the stock tails.....I think one of the first things you can invest in is a good suspension or if you're on a budget, you can just get a nice set of lowering springs....something to start with

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
azituz on Feb/08/06 said:
if you want my opinion...which probably the common ones hmm...here they are.

1. Ditch the idea of Halo, invest in HID retrofit if u want more light and nice beam
2. Keep the stock tails, your stock tails are alot nicer than Euro tails
3. Save money to invest in a drop, and a lip. some detailing tools then you're set for exterior.

My 2 cents though, everyone one has his own peace.
whatever you do, dont do that, no offense to you azituz but if you do that your tegs gonna look like every single other teg on this site.

man its YOUR car so do what YOU wanna do, if you wanna put altezzas, neons, chrome rims and a giant spoiler then go ahead, who are we to tell you what to do to your car. just have fun with it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, forget the euro tails

If you really want a set, I have some for sale. They came with the car when I bought it.

I installed them on a Friday, kept them on for a weekend, then pulled them back off again once I realized how hideous they were. lol

Welcome to TI

Phear asking people's opinions if you don't have a "nice, clean teg" haha

=)

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Go ahead, and get the altezzas...but you'll realize later down the road that it wasn't the super smart move.

No money for a body kit..? No problem....just get a front lip, paint ur stock side skirts and ur set.

Now a days its about that natural subtle beauty of the integra...not that big wide body kit stuff going on. Just keep it simple. Better for your wallet and better for you overall.

Sure...your teg may look like thousands of others...but c'mon there's a reason why we look the same...IT LOOKS FRIGGIN SWEET!!! If i were you...the only cosmetic thing I would do is:

1) Integra Type R front lip
2) Paint matched side skirts
3) 15-16" rims of your choice..(no chrome tho..trust me)
4) Lower the teg

I suggest lowering the car while getting rims at the same time.

That's it...that's your exterior mods and part of your suspension. And you'll have one clean looking teg.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
welcome.

i agree w/everyone..lose the altezzas/EUROS..there just gay and way overrated/popular

and go HID not HALO...HIDS put more light..if you cannot afford HID yet.... start with the silvania Silverstars..they produce alot of light compared to stock.

just do what YOU want to do..dont listen to anyone else..its your integra..not theirs

·
Registered
303 Posts
I actually like halos and think they are very good looking besides the fact that the light output is mediocre. Try to stay away from body kits and altezzas, you'll end up spending more returning to stock in the future, so at least make sure you keep your stock parts.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
damn you have alot to learn lol. As far as halos, DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT buy the 150-200 dollar halo projector lamps. Light output on those are HORRIBLE. You will HATE driving at night. Matrix racing and some ebay sellers sell QUALITY Halo projector lamps for 260+ that meet or exceed OEM specifications. DO NOT go cheap on light output, you will regret it. Your car should come with the 98+ spec tail lights so i wouldnt change those. Since you cant afford a bodykit, i dont recommend you EVER put that on your car, myself and MOST of this board will recommend a Type-R lip, Optional OEM sideskirts, and optional rear valences for an ultra clean look. a tint job should look good. I never want to hear you say altezza or "neons" ever again for the rest of your life. Now im gonna go and buy the best motoring DVD ont he ITR lol.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
welcome to TI. Im surprised mroe people didnt jump on your back about the neons and altezzas haha. Well heres my comments on the subject.

I USED to have underglow neons on my car. I'd probably still have them if they didnt get snapped my snow bumps 2 winters ago. My opinion on those is that it looks ok if its installed properly and a nice color is chosen. Also with a teg, you NEED a lip kit to hide the tubes. Without it you will be able to see the tubes and it will look like ****. Now I am not a big fan of the neons. People will make fun of you (i got made fun of occasionally) Their time has come and gone. If you like neons...keep them to the interior like under the dash and under the seats....thats about it. Dont put them all over. I used to have a neon on my ceiling in my prelude...wow what a ricer I was. Ive seen people with them all over on the a pillars and the rear deck....it just looks horrible. Now a days I have neons in one place. Under my deck lid in the cargo are. The only reason i did this is because they provide more light than that crappy lil trunk light Honda gave us. I am also considering hooking up so white neons under the dash to be hooked up to the dome light to provide even more interior illumination. So thats my little schpeil on neons.

Altezzas. Wow. These could quite possibly be the ugliest things you can possibly put on your car. They look good in EXTREMELY RARE circumstances. You will eventually realize they look crappy and it was a waste of money. Just dont bother. Your 98+ tails are awesome looking. I paid 100 bucks for them PLUS my 96 tail lights to get rid of the amber.

NO BODYKITS. There isnt a single bodykit made for the integra that I find appealing. Stick to lip kits. I personally like the Wings West kits available. I also like the OEM optional kit. Im sure you can find one you like.

Rims and suspension. I personally like the look of 17's. I dont know what size looks best to you but get what u want. And please oh please dont get chrome (unless its a chrome lip only) Chrome belongs on Benz's and Escalades not Tegs. Another thing...dont slam your car. If you plan on keeping the car a while you will ultimately regret going so low. Its hard to maintain the paint on the front of your car (especiallu if you get a lip) and it costs mroe money the lower you go because you have to upgrade your shocks and invest in a camber kit...and possibly new upper control arms to increase clearance from the top of the shock tower (read this as Mike has holes in his shock towers because he didnt do that)

Other than that man go nuts. Use the search feature...its your best friend and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
yup yup just like most of everybody say do what you wanna do. it your car. if you wanna put some big body kit and make it like it wanna fly that do it. your integra is gonna be your babe for the next couple of year so enjoy it and put all the stuff that you think that is gonna look nice on your integra. dont take other advice cause you might regret later on. just my 2 cent you dont have to take my advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.