Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured im far enough into my project to take a pic. sorry about the bad quality. The story is about six months ago i got tboned in chico, california bye a big f350. it was my fault out of ignorance of seeing the stoplight so no insurance. i wish i had pics of it after it happened. it was so F*CKED up you wouldnt beleive it. the car was trashed. it looked like the whole side of it was smashed in which it was. first thing i did was have a body shop check out the frame and yeah!!! it was not bent. they told me im looking at about 5 grand to get it looking decent and my car is a 93 so they said it was totalled and i should buy a new car. after driving my brothers 68 ford galaxy i couldnt be without my car any longer so i had it towed from my parents house in susanville (two hours from my house here in redding) all the way down. i spent two weeks in my friends garage replacing all my rear passenger side suspension, and i mean all of it, and then i took it back to the body shop and they said there is no way the quarter panel is salvagable. well a couple months later here is the pic of where i am after i spent 300 bucks on what the said was a five grand job. not perfect yet but i got all the time in the world. here is the link its the bottom pic. sorry its with a picture phone but that is all i got. let me know what you guys think. personally im pretty proud of my self cause i had never done major body work before now.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mrmanpimp

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks man i dont know how to post links or pics or anything sorry guys
any input though would be appreciated just to know what you guys think

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. it helps keep working on it when people give good props.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cause it was really bad at first there was no shape at all the lip going over the tire was demolished. but i just spent hours looking at the other side and matching it as close as i could and it looks almost exactly alike now. the guy at the body shop was shocked. he said he probably could of fixed it but it would take 20 hours at 60 bucks an hour and alot of bondo. he said it was cheaper just to replace the quarter panel. but i proved him wrong. it made me feel so happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts