Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today started off pretty well, I finally got my springs from UPS and got all the tools i needed to swap my springs, so i jack my car up, and start going at it - But then I tried taking off the bolt the is in the bottom of the rear strut setup and it wouldnt budge! Not one bit.. I was getting pretty frustrated so i ended up giving up and selling my teg. j/k about the selling part but i have to wait a day or two before i can use my friends air wrench..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You mean the one that goes through the bottom of the shock? If so, you have to use your foot to push the back rotor down. Sould be able to get it out then.

·
Registered
145 Posts
think i know which bolt ur talking about. it is a pain in the ass

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its the one that goes through the bottom of it. I was getting pretty pissed cause no matter how hard tried it would move a millimeter

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Gotta push down on the rotor. Then get a friend to drive it out after you get the threaded portion of it out.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
It will break before you get it to move, trust me, I've done it. Click on the thread that Ben linked you to and read up...read it all...and then go from there. It will not come loose by hand or with an air wrench. You better move onto Plan B.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok im thinking that i should go and get a can of wd40 or the liquid wrench stuff and soak it for a while.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
msco0 on Mar/19/04 said:
ok im thinking that i should go and get a can of wd40 or the liquid wrench stuff and soak it for a while.
This is your best bet...the longer the better. I would go buy the bolts now...if you need to..you can return them later if you don't need them. At least you'll have them if your bolts brake.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've lowered 52 cars (yes thats right 52)in the past 3 years, Most of them Hondas.
Lemme quess.....Is it the passenger side rear lower bolt that your having problems with?

For some reason that seems to always be the problem child of the whole lowering project.
I kept a log on the cars that I have done (call me pathetic) and every 94-97 accord I lowered, I had this problem.
7 of 13 I broke the head off of the bolt.
Liquid wrench or a small torch will be your best bet.
If you break that head off.....consider your self screwed!
you will have to drill out the rest of the bolt and rethread the shock, break the tack welded bolt off of the shock and use a new bolt/nut to finish the job or start fresh with a junk yard LCA and shock.

Your better off just taking the whole LCA/shock out of the car and attacking that bolt or changing the spring out that way ....out in the open.
Thats what I did on my wife's '00 Si.

Good Luck Bro!
keep us posted on your battle.

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 35 Posts