Team Integra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
1-8-15

Put my new Richporter distributor and the motor runs great and feels much stronger! AFR is steady at 14.5-15 at part and 12.5 -13 at wot. engine feels really great! i guess the old distributor was giving me weak spark and eventually died cause i havent felt the engine this crisp since it was tuned on the old setup, im now using a Skunk2 Ultra street manifold, 74mm TB, and Tuner stage 2 cams! and man this thing pulls in 5th gear very nice, in just part throtle it accelerates like cazy! love the new upgrades compared to the old skunk2 pro series manifold, 70 mm TB, and Tuner stage 1 cams, world of a diffrence! much more low mid and especially top end power is felt. i really want to dyno tune this setup N.A before its boosted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
1-9-15

Got my new rear seats in today and i must say wow im amazed with how nice they are. They match me Reccaro SRD seats perfect. My camera sucks but they look and feel amazing in person.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
1-17-15

Heres some shots of my parts, there just sitting waiting till i have time to do the maintenace on the engine.I already installed a new Richporter distributor as well as new plugs and NGK wires. I still need to buy a new low profile jack and and some jack stands.

This is the Wilwood DPHA brake upgrade im going with along with drilled/slotted front rotors with SS brake lines.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
1-25-15

So i decided to park the Integra in the garrage for about a month to do all the maintenace and take my time on it finally. With that being said its being retired for a lil bit. Im thinking about buying a clean 96 Honda civic hatchback to drive as my daily while i work on the integra. Ill still drive it just not everyday.

So tomarrow morning before work ill be stopping to look at the car again with a cash offer with my cousin. The car has a decent white paint job, no dents , 5 sp 140k miles clean title and lots of new upgrades like a new clutch,radio,tires,brakes and some other things i forgot. Its mosty stock but has a DC intake and a manga flow muffler and stock stealie rims on which i dont like. A stock ITR muffler and SI rims might make its way on eventually but i dont plan to mod this car anymore than that its only a daily driver to get good MPG and not be harased so much by police. Just got a ticket the other night for being to low! sheesh give me a break! Im getting a great deal on it through a family freind. But the car overall looks very clean and runs very good and gets great mpg says my cousin in law.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
1-26-15

So I went ahead and picked up the civic, there's some pros and some con's to the car,

Pros,

I think it has lowering springs but it's not bouncy!
New tires
New brakes
New radio
New oil change and plugs
New stag 1 clutch
DC intake carb legal
Drives strong and healthy and gets about 34 mpg

Cons,

No power steering!! My arms killed me pulling out the parking spot.
Has a loose shift knob
Alignment is off
Has a broken window handle knob
Driver seat has a few tears
Headlights are oxidized to hell

Overall it's nothing I can't deal with. On my day off tomarrow I'll give it a wash and vacume and a bit of a detail. Eventually I'll take it to the junk yard and get a power steering unit installed. I'll also throw in a set of hid lights maybe a skunk2 weighted shift knob and I'll look into buying a set of aftermarket headlights to replace the ones on there now if I can't buff out the oxidation. So I won't do much to it but I'll give it some tlc overtime. I'll post some pics tomarrow. The Integra just got a lil sister lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
1-26-15

Just got her home! drives pretty good if you ask me! still has some pep to it for a lil single banger. tomarrow ill give it a nice detail and take some more pics of my new daily driver.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
1-27-15

Got some more stuff in and pulled in the Integra. Tommarow ill start to pull out some stuff but i still need a new jack and a set of new stands before i can really start tearing it appart.

Got my new fan to replace the bad one i have.

oem Type R water pump,

These are injector O rings ill use for my Skunk2 low profile valve cover washers the fit and give a better seal than the ones they come with imo also got a IACV gasket and a new oil pan bolt i wont use cause im ordering ones with magnets. This one came with my maintenace kit i baught. It also came with a oem filter and fuel filter which i dont plan to use.

OEM oil pump ftw!

Going to rewrap my header and also got these red straps just for fun.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
2-8-15

Got some time to work on the car last night, got the car on jack stands and got some parts removed, going to install the new sensors and coolant related items first, then ill work on the IACV, I'm going to either clean it out and put in a new seal. Ill do the timing belt and valve adjustment last.

heres some shots i took ill be taking much more pics of all the installs. Theres going to be lots of cleaning in the engine bay as well. Im debating on a few things regarding the intake manifold. I want to remove it a spray it wrinkle red as well as give the valve cover a fresh coat as well, if i do this i can at this point instal the custom spacer i was thinking about putting on but i also want to do a dyno comparison of what the spacer will do while I'm at the dyno its just i don't want to remove the top half of the manifold at the dyno it might be a pita! so ill see what i do in the next few days regarding that.

heres a close up of the cam gears i got from Bisimoto, he signed them personally for me and it makes me feel special lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
2-9-15

Pulled some more stuff out and drained all fluids. I installed the new Mishimoto ECT switch and thermostat, i noticed the surface between the two halfs of the thermostat housing was real gunky so i hit it with my dremel with a sanding bit, i then used a very thin layer of Hondabond to seal it further.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
2-18-15

Got The valve lash done tonight its such back breaking wok for me since i have back problems i kept re adjusting the valves till i got them perfectly in spec, i found a few intake and exhaust valves a bit too tight! how it happened idk but they were tight. I did notice a bit more chatter than usual before i took it in the garrage but it still sounded pretty good and quite and also ran very good and strong but im glad i checked the lash while i was going at it.

Also took some pics of my 96'' Civic CX, i detailed it and also fixed allot of things on it lately, i went to the junk yard and got a full power stearing conversion from a 99 civic installed so mow its got power stearing!, i fixed the broken window crank with a new one i got on ebay for $3, I also instaled a new oem hood latch, i put new seat covers on the fron and also i put new black housing headlights! This is where i found out the good news that i have a 99 front end conversion so i ordered a set from ebay for $60 they look great i also put new hid lights.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
2-19-15

Been real tired from work and such little sleep i managed to slip in the garrage and knock out one task so i chose the IACV tonight. Bastard was kind of tricky with the manifold still attached. The way Skunk2 located it really makes it hard to take off and on. If you read back a little i was debating on putting on a custom 2'' spacer for the ultra steet manifold but i decided to skip it for now even though it would be a great time to do it while all the coolant is drained. Im hoping in the future when i get to it ill just try and remove the top half of the manifold with it still attached to the head and do a retune with that spacer and a 2'' custom throttle spacer and see if i get any gains.

I removed the valve and noticed the screen was pretty much cloged and gunked up even though i cleaned it a few months back when i was having a idle issue which fixed it but i went ahead and replaced the rubber seal as well as cleaned the inside out with brake cleaner.

Heres the new seal you can see how smashed the old one is lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
2-20-15

check those trailing arm bushings too! (PS you can get the CRV bushings for 1/2 the price from honda and they're identical...trust me)
Well the trailing arms seemed fine on my Civic but the lower ball joints are done. Im scared to drive it i dont know how long its been like this from the previouse owner. I did poke a hole in the rubber boot and sprayed wd40 through a straw and the sound is gone but its a temp fix for the sound.

Any how got some more stuff done and took lots of pics cause i like to lol So i got the Thermostate housing on,

Heres a pic of the brand new Richporter distributor.

I got the new sensors installed and pluged up.

I found this hanging tip tied and pluged, its a sensor from the old original GSR engine no need for this so i tossed it in my box of crap haha.

I installed the new fan and took some time and tried to polish the shroud as much as i could with some wax and a rag i had laying around, the shroud was so dirty but it looks much better now. I plan to place a piece of heat reflectant tape over the fan motor because it sits soooo close to the header runner.

So heres some pics of the Skunk2 Alpha header, the runners are smashed pretty bad! ill have to either repair it or buy a budget header for some time untill i can upgrade to a custom piece. It will defenitly have a thick skid plate!

So basically tonight was a lot of cleaning in the engine bay as well as the motor. This thing got pretty dirty after 50k of daily driving her. I cleaned as much as i could and wiped everything down with a spray wax and wiped it off clean and shiny. Looks much better imo but my fingers are killing me haha.

I even got the under side of the hood and added a few more decals i had laying around.

And the Pro charger super charger is just sitting on the bench freshly rebuilt waiting to be installed! AHHH i cant wait to hear it spool again! as well as hear the massive surge valve go off! its like music to my ears haha

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
2-21-15

Take your time and you will hear that sweet supercharger whine once again! Keep it up! You got this!!:thumbup:
Thank you sir. I'm definitely trying to take my time as I don't want to rush into anything it's why it's taken me so long to even start the maintenance. I gathered most all my parts and I'm knocking out each job one by one. Last night was mostly cleaning up things but I'm actually almost done. I just need to get my crank pulley tool and torque the crank bolt to spec and buy a new set of radiator hoses from Samco. I sold my white ones and I'm going to go with the urban camo hoses. I will be installing a new axle from driveshaft shop for the passenger side and it should be drivable again. Also not sure what I'll do about the header yet I'll have to contact LHT performance regarding the repair on the header. Cause if it's too much I'd rather sell it and buy a budget header for the time. I will have to wait and save for the retune which will include a new pro charger inter cooler, charge piping, 1000cc injectors, and a new hondata s300, my retune should be free cause my tuner said my next tune will be free of charge he's a cool guy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
3-1-15

Decided to sell the dented Skunk2 header and buy the new Skunk2 Alpha V2 header since they just released it! Its designed to work with the Kraftwerks super charger so it should work very well with my new setup. Im very excited to get it in! Im also going to order a set of blue Gates racing drive belts for the A.C, power steering and alternator. These are much stronger just like my Timing belt. I plan to use the A.C belt for the super charger hopefully its long enough.

B-Series Alpha Series Header V2 - Skunk2 Racing

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
3-2-15

Got the valve cover cleaned up and put on, i put the new O rings on the Skunk2 low profile gromits. The old ones were flat and leaked. I also sprayed my Skunk2 oil cqap flat black becaue it literally changed colors from black to this dark greenish color. I also had the center cap for the oil cap that i never put on so i put that on and it looks much diffrent.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
3-4-15

Well the header showed up the next day! i got it mocked up on the engine only to find it has the same issue as far as being to close to my radiator fan, this one is worse its near touching it. Ill have to for one wrap the header, two put a piece of heat reflectant over the area of the fan touching the runner and im gonna try to relocate the fan on the fan shroud a lil to give some more clearance if i can.

Heres the oil pan and ground clearance!

Here you can see how damn close the runner is to the fan! damn you Skunk2 theres always something !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
3-5-15

I made some brackets to pull the radiator back just a little bit and i also relocated the fan on the shroud a bit over and i got the fan to clear more so at least now its not touching anymore so i can live with that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
3-7-15

Damn, a lot has been going on since I checked this thread. The car is coming along nicely. I love to see all those oem parts!!

I am in the process of upgrading my cooling system as well. It took a lot of searching to find what combo of fan/shroud and radiator would fit. I ended up going with the go-autoworks setup and I'm going to fabricate my own shroud for just the right side fan and fasten the left fan directly to the radiator with the zip tie kit.

Also, I came across several articles recently about heat wrap on exhaust manifolds. Maybe you have read about this, but if not the article is worth a read.

Exhaust Header Heat Wraps - Do Not Use
Thanks for the share. After reading that and some of my own research im actually going to skip wraping it. I Took off the spark cover strut bar and Injen intake and sprayed it high temp flat black. The color was fading so i gave it a few coats and they came out good.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
3-17-15

So i ordered my new Samco hoses i think this time around ill go with the urban cammo. Iv had the white,red,black already as well as skunk2 hoses so i think these will be a cool design for now. I also ordered my Gates racing drive belt kit, kit includes a alternator, A.C, and power steering belt!

I also noticed the new Skunk2 header is a lil short even though it states the same specs as the alpha V1 so ill have to get my test pipe extended or remade. I think i might get a flex pipe instead but not sure yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
3-21-15

Got my Samco Urban camo hoses in! i was too excited and mocked them up and snapped a few pics. I think they look cool, i already had the white, red, and black ones already.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts