Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
are you tuning with darden @ dyno tech??? I off tuesday Ill cruz by what time are you tuning?
Sometime in the morning not sure i have to check back with him monday, feel free to come by, they will be installing the ignition system and fail safe gauge so it will take a while so i will prolly need to go earlie.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nicee man! That is some awesome progress my friend, I am sure that car is a blast to drive.
Thanks brotha! i appreciate all your positive feed back and support, for now it is a blast to drive even in low boost and on my base tune. cant wait to feel full boost. I mean i take off and it hits 5-6 psi before vtec and by 7500 rpm i feel its enough and i back off the throtle, gets into hig speeds very fast.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Looks clean, GL tomorrow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well i got it tuned partially, we ran into many issues, after finally getting the AEM c.o.p kit wired we ran out of day so my tuner set a base map and i drove home, the next day we go to tune the motor and one of the AEM pencil coils stoped firing, so we had to wire in the oem dizzy and wires and tuned it on the AEM v2 ems. motor made 264whp @ 10 psi letting off at 7600 rpm. in 3rd gear on a mustang dyno which is the lowest reading dyno. The motor was breaking up on the top end and the injectors were maxed out. It should boost 11-12 psi at 8500 rpm. so i need to return with 750cc injectors and get the new coil from AEM and retune it. My tuner said it should be in the 300+ WHP range. once we retune it ill have a 4th gear run which should read much higher. Then i can get my base line pull at churches to compare the previouse JRSC setup to this one back to back.

Heres a vid of the 2 step rev limiter shooting flames lol Smores anyone??

Must watch vid! Fire, fire, bang, bang. I tune flamethrowers as w | Facebook

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well i got it tuned partially, we ran into many issues, after finally getting the AEM c.o.p kit wired we ran out of day so my tuner set a base map and i drove home, the next day we go to tune the motor and one of the AEM pencil coils stoped firing, so we had to wire in the oem dizzy and wires and tuned it on the AEM v2 ems. motor made 263whp @ 10 psi letting off at 7600 rpm. in 3rd gear on a mustang dyno which is the lowest reading dyno. The motor was breaking up on the top end and the injectors were maxed out. It should boost 11-12 psi at 8500 rpm. so i need to return with 750cc injectors and get the new coil from AEM and retune it. My tuner said it should be in the 300+ WHP range. once we retune it ill have a 4th gear run which should read much higher. Then i can get my base line pull at churches to compare the previouse JRSC setup to this one back to back.

Heres a vid of the 2 step rev limiter shooting flames lol Smores anyone??

Must watch vid! Fire, fire, bang, bang. I tune flamethrowers as w | Facebook

Ok great news! last dyno test made 263 WHP 180 ft tq with a bad ign. and maxed out RC 550 cc injectors and let off at around 7600 rpm, with a new oem cap and ign. coil we retuned the motor and made 280WHP and 192 ft tq still leting off at around 7600rpm because of the maxed out injectors. Motor feels like a rocket ship and i barely get close to the low set redline before im scared lol. Next i will get bigger injectors and retune with my AEM C.O.P setup and rev this ***** to 9500 rpm haha!! Big thanks to Dardan Dmt Maloku for hooking me up with a retune 4 free!.

So here is a full recap on what this new setup consist of,

New Type r motor from dealer curently 60k
bisi cam gears
Skunk 2 tunner 1 cams
Skunk 2 Alpha series valve springs
Skunk 2 Titanium retainers
Skunk 2 pro series manifold ported 70mm
Skunk 2 70mm Alpha throtle body with coolant bypass
Skunk 2 fuel rail
Skunk 2 vtec solinoid
Skunk 2 Alpha header
Skunk 2 mega r 2.5'' cat back
Ed Hanson custom made 2.5'' test pipe
Injen 3'' cold air intake arm
AEM EMS V2*
AEM fail safe boost gauge*
rc 550cc injectors
ATI pro charger super charger 12-15 psi boost pulley
Pro charger "big red" race surge valve.
front mount intercooler with 2.4'' charge pipes
out law engineering thermal spacer kit
70mm throtle body velocity spacer

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Great news man, those are some very strong numbers. I was wondering if your 2.5 inch exhaust was limiting things at all? (As far as numbers north of 300 whp).

I just can't wait to see the final dyno graph, more specifically the torque curve lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
that is a lot of skunk2 lol
haha yes there is thanks.

Great news man, those are some very strong numbers. I was wondering if your 2.5 inch exhaust was limiting things at all? (As far as numbers north of 300 whp).

I just can't wait to see the final dyno graph, more specifically the torque curve lol.
Nope seems the 2.5'' is enough, no restrictions since its 2.5'' from the header all the way through. power keeps climbing as well as boost.

Dyno chart?
You want dyno charts lol heres a shot of the many many motors/ setups i have dyno tuned.

Heres the dyno of the same motor with the previouse JRSC/LHT setup that made 285hp @12 psi on churches dyno.

Heres the dyno of the same motor with the pro charger setup that made 275hp @6psi on churches dyno.

Heres the dyno of the first retune of the procharger setup that made 263 WHP @10 psi at DTM on there mustang dyno,

Heres the dyno of the recent tune that made 280 WHP and 192 tq @10 psi still leting off at 7600 rpm and injectors maxed.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
What type of peak coolant and intake temps were seeing with your old JRSC/LHT setup?

Your new kit looks nice. I'm interested to see the dyno overlay of this procharger setup vs. the jrsc/lht setup.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
What type of peak coolant and intake temps were seeing with your old JRSC/LHT setup?

Dont know for sure but i do know even with the LHT manifold setup the motor still suffered from heak soak after a few pulls and you could feel the power loss. With the pro charger i dont feel any heat soak or power loss.

Your new kit looks nice. I'm interested to see the dyno overlay of this procharger setup vs. the jrsc/lht setup.
That will come soon. I will get this retuned with the AEM c.o.p kit and bigger injectors, then ill do a base line pull at churches with a overlay of that dyno vs my old JRSC/lht setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice setup!!

I am sitting here dying from laughter at the kids telling you how you should spend YOUR money on YOUR car!! That type of **** never ceases to amaze me, the best part is when you think about it, we are all just wasting money every time we throw some at our cars. We modify nearly 20 year old econo **** boxes for gods sake. If the dude wants to dump 40k into his car and keep a stock block, who really cares? Theres things on everyones car, including my own that I could rip apart and explain how it was a waste of money.

Point blank, stop hating! This is an oldie but goodie, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all haha.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nice setup!!

I am sitting here dying from laughter at the kids telling you how you should spend YOUR money on YOUR car!! That type of **** never ceases to amaze me, the best part is when you think about it, we are all just wasting money every time we throw some at our cars. We modify nearly 20 year old econo **** boxes for gods sake. If the dude wants to dump 40k into his car and keep a stock block, who really cares? Theres things on everyones car, including my own that I could rip apart and explain how it was a waste of money.

Point blank, stop hating! This is an oldie but goodie, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all haha.

LOL yea thanks man! yea i laugh every time i read someone telling me i spent to much on this or that or this was a waist of money lol or when they say why didnt you just go turbo haha. right now im on a budget working part time at my family pizza shop ocationaly taking this on deliverys lol when i get done with school ill be building some real fast cars, this is just a fun toy i daily drive until i get a faster daily like the zo6 i want. This is still one of maybey 4 or 5 pro charged B series in the world probally cause i cant find no one in the us that has one so that makes me happy to know i stand out unlike the millions of people who copy the next guy and think there doing something new with a turbo kit or k swap ect. I have had many setups mostly N.A motors with a few JRSC setups but this by far is much more fun to drive than all those superchared motors i had and my brothers moded Mr2 turbo.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
At the end of the day, if you are happy with the decisions you have made for your car, thats all that matters!
couldnt agree more! brings a big smile and makes me trip out when i take off in this thing! and thats all i wanted. and its still not fully tuned haha..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Good news today, I talked to SK2 and there gonna send me a new composite fuel rail and a discount on there grams 1000 cc injectors for the inconvenience. Also AEM is gonna test my coil and hopefully send me a new one then ill retune this machine and shoot for 300+ WHP!

The car so far feels great! lots of throttle response and gets into boost fast, by at least 3500-4000 rpm in any gear at w.o.t it will start to boost 3.5-5 psi and climbs as i rev it, even in 5th gear. cruzing at around 75-80 mph @ 3500-4000 rpm it will boost 4-5 psi in w.o.t. Gets into boost even faster when im at w.o.t in lower gear reving up. Love the way it feels so far and havent got on it past 7000 rpm yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Wunfstgsr,
Nice build and post! I read both your posts (team integra & honda tech) about your supercharge builds. I like how you keep your car's exterior stock as possible, but the engine all modded. It keeps the cops second guessing if your car has non-CARB parts. LOL!
Anyways, I am planning to install a turbo/SC in my '99 Teg GS-R. I came across 2 kits, Edelbrock 1505 & Procharger C-1A. Like you I am from CA so I gotta use CARB approved parts. Can you give me some advise on the kits or what to look for? Also I know that both kits says they can be used on a stock engine, but I plan to modify the engine, like the pistons, camshaft, clutch and headers. Is it necessary to change the engine block and transmission or was that just your preference? My goal is to reach 250+ WHP. I know your build can easily achieve that but I don't think I can copy your build.
Again nice build and post. I can't wait to start on my build!

41 - 60 of 105 Posts