Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have this problem? when u turn on ur a/c ur acceleration is sluggish and ur car just seems to run like crap.. sumtimes i feel like i have to mash the gas just to drive normal. im leaking oil could this have anything to do with it? is this normal? i have a 99 gzer

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It's normal, the AC uses power to run, that takes up a few horses...your oil leak has nothing to do with it unless you're low on oil and VTEC isn't engaging, then the lag will seem even worse.

But yeah, AC takes power from the engine to run, totally normal.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
it's called driving a 4 cylinder car - the car loses a great amount of power when running the AC! its normal

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
damn u Justin!!!! u beat me by seconds - u lucky bastard!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes since our engine have very little torque as compared to larger engines the extra drag the A/C put on the engine makes a very noticable different and is normal.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ace1972 on Sep/12/02 said:
Oaky,
so will i....
I guess that's the reason that the first Type-R didn't have A/c...do they have it now? I haven't looked at or been in one in a loong time. Don't laugh at the question.
No, thats not the reason the TypeR didn't have the AC. It's because it was there to save weight. The TypeR is a just that "Type Racing." It's not made for comfort or any of that other junk, it's made to go fast.

I believe the ac was always optional up until 2001 when it became standard....correct me if I'm wrong everyone.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks.
oh, and thanks for not laughing

I should've guessed as much. I was thinking of trading my gsr for a type-r awhile back and that was one of the reasons I didn't back then: no a/c no rear w.wiper, no moonroof..plus it only came in white at first. Black's a pain to keep clean, but it is so worth the trouble.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Black rules my friend...it's a pain to keep clean like you said, but when it is clean, it's the nicest color on the road...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts