Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I come to a stop, it shakes like crazy, and from go it shakes until it hits 3rd gear and then she's smooth as butter , can someone tell me why , I cant figure out why. has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
first thought it motormounts.
second is your A/C on?
third, auto or manual?
Fourth, if it is manual try pushing in your clutch and slowly revving it and note when the shaking stops. if auto, put it in neutral and see if it shakes and sputters.
Fifth, when was the last time you changed your plugs, cleaned your air filter, drained and flushed your transmission fluid, etc?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doesnt change with ac on or off - it automatic - still shakes in nuetral but less fierce - flushed my transmission fluid? never done that - i just had a tune up less than a moth ago - new air filter, plugs, ect...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe an injector clog problem? Get one of those STP fuel system cleaner. My car used to shake in the morning at startup, but it is quiet like hell now after I used that.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
archangelcasper on Sep/26/02 said:
.... you think that would make it drop like that?
It could be if your fuel filter is cloged up (dirt) its gasping for more fuel, or It can be anything thats related to the fuel like filter, fuel injection, fuel pump, etc. If you havent changed your fuel filter yet I go ahead and chang it. then stick that cleaner in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it turns out we were all wrong , but close. it was a cracked spark plug. they had to take apart the whole freakin engine just to get it out. turns out the person i bought it from had some crap azz plugs in it. but not to worry the teg is safe now!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts