Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically gonna make this a life story of my teggy, and future tegs maybe.

205k on body
146k on motor
10k on rebuild

built bottom end for turbo
gsr pistons
gsr tranny
ACT 8lb flywheel
ACT stage 3 clutch and pressure plate
jdm headers back

Bought January 15th, $1300 + $100 registration tax
came with gsr fat fives and 2 steelies on the back because 2 gsr fat fives had bad tires. no spare, junk all over, tear in drivers seat, disconnected/shot tranny mount (now connected)

1/16/07:

on the way to school, going down a long winding hill, i noticed my speedometer was at zero... WHAT?!? I tried shifting, clutching, everything, to no avail. i ended up stopping going up a bridge, in the middle of the road, to be rescued by a guy in a huge red truck with a tow cable.

I was dragged to a parking lot and left till later that day after school. A friend with a truck and yet another tow cable helped me tow it home up the hill, to spend 3 hours or so trying to figure out what was wrong.

Turns out, $300 later and a visit to the mechanic, the previous owner put an axel in from an EG or something, because it was an inch and a half too short. dang. Got a brand new axel/cv joint etc.

1/18/07:
Went to the junkyard, got parts to fix:

hood hinge
lack of air filtration system
spark plug wires
interior screws for handles/etc
spare tire + jack
new trunk board

all for $25!!! the lady wanted to get home and was nice, lol!

1/18/07:
Stopped raining, so i washed it for the first time. Rio Red is so bright and flashy! nice! too bad theres 3 primer squares, (2"sq, both sides and hatch), a hole of rust in the hatch, huge scrapes on the front bumper and chipping paint all over the front of the car, bent up bumper cover (front AND back, what the hell?!?), and a bent in fender (just behind the wheel is smashed in weird like).

1/19/07:
[11am, filled up at shell, parked at college]
*sniff sniff*. jeezus, it smells like gas in here! someone must be leaking gas.
[1:30pm, in high school parking lot]
dang, it smells like gas again... whats all that oil pooling around my car? wait... thats GAS. OH NO.

looked under my car to see a stream of gas steadily dripping over my exhaust pipe, making every passerby cringe from the odor.

went home, propped up the car, drained gas tank, had fun with drained gas, took out gas tank, found that the gasket on the fuel level meter had rocks and other junk under it, and didnt even fit right, so i bought a new one from the dealer. before it arrived, however, we rigged a plumbing washer in the tank, and now it doesnt smell or leak LOL! i have the new gasket in the glove box for easy access though, lol!

1/23/07:
finally got to take real pictures of the teg, night shots though... im too busy working on the car EVERY DAY, doing just random stuff i dont even remember, that i haven't had a chance to take day pics.

notice front right fender damage, primer spots both sides and rear, and general not-fitting bumper/hood combo.

1/27/07:

WOOT! spent the day with a fellow TI member (aworkinprogress) fixin up our tegs, washing them, and proceeding to a photoshoot! (also good thai food). He made me a license relocater, which i haven't been able to install yet :(. we buffed my rear hatch to bring out about 50 previously unnoticed scratches, lol, and proceeded to just wash out cars.

from there, we went out with his girlfriend to cruise and get a bite to eat, got a card from some racer dude with a non-working myspace link, and then went to the photoshoot in seattle.

There were few cars there, including a DA9 (me) 2 DC2s, 2 RSX's, and a... civic SI? lol. pics:

1/29/07:

Got tint! 20% all around, love it!

2/5/07:
Driving on the freeway, next to a semi, roadkill is your enemy in a lowered car. some of you may remember my post about hitting a raccoon at 80mph, but to put it simply, it tore off my gas tank strap and painted the bottom of my car to match the rest: red.

Went to the junkyard the next day, got a new bolt and strap rubber, as well as an exhaust hangar (the old one was replaced with a tiny, crappy one, so i got another old one).

2/16/07:

Driving along a road, i suddenly heard a thwapping noise in my right front wheel well... i got out the check it out, and find that camber had taken its toll: the entire inner side of the tire was showing steel belt, and the thwapping was a string of tire that had finally broken loose. Luckily, i had bought an ingalls front camber kit from ti member gargsta, and an ingalls rear smart arm kit (which needs a new bushing before installation) from a G2IC member.

Since the rear kit isn't ready for install, i went with the washer method... 2 on the left, 3 on the right due to uneven camber, and both are only a tad better when measured with a level. i need the arms lol. also, the cheap-ass coilover sleeves the guy put on are as high as they will go on the back: slammed.

so, i got proxxes4 tires all around now, 1 brand new ($115 w/spin balance etc) and 3 like-new on craigslist for $200!!! got em balanced, mounted on the fat fives, so now i'm rollin on rims baby! lol! shined em up and the car looks tons better.

2/17/07:

BODY WORK DAY!

I got touch up paint from automotivetouchup.com, and it matches pretty good. what i did:

repainted entire front bumper
painted over 4 patches of primer
realized how easy it will be to shave emblems

car looks WAY better now, and i also bought projector fogs at shucks, so i'll have the wide low stance soon. should be sweet. also got hooked up with JDM 1 pc headlights, should get them early next week.

heres how she stands now:

keep lookin for updates, and i actually might sell it monday lol, making over $1000 profit, but with the countless hours put into it... the guy will be getting a good deal. and the motor is sick.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what yall think? i've so far gone through so much junk with this car... just thought i'd share lol. I plan to paint the calipers and re-paint the wheels soon, and the valve cover (which is chipping).

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
keep it going. i like seeing work in progress, i wish i did that with my ride

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2/19/07

got the ingalls front camber kits installed, now i have to redo the washer job in the back for camber and its off for an alignment.

plans?

Fix hole in hatch, shave emblems, repaint hatch and hood, possibly roof, maybe the whole effing car. sell for 4k+. so pretty much body work.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2/20/07

just scheduled an alignment at les schwab for tomorrow, so i'm going to put more washers in the back after work today.

I decided not to sell it so quickly, and keep it at least until the next local meet, (march 30th), so i'll have alot of work and experience ahead of me... woohoo...

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2/24/07
just painted valve cover red, used aircraft paint stripper and dulpicolor engine enamel "ford red". looks TIGHT, way better than the old chipping valve cover that looked like crap. good times.

I also installed some ultrawhite foglights, projector style, really sweet.

trying to sell it, found a 94 GSR that i cannot pass up. showed the car twice already, twice more today and twice more pending.

PICS!!! (lsteg4dr here you go)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, almost definitely selling her tonight.

its all good though; i'll be picking up a 1994 GSR, one owner, all records, 154k, completely stock, VERY clean, only one ding on each front fender. white with black leather.

i cant really complain... but, i have loved this car, and it sure has been fun! new running log for the gsr as soon as i get it woo!

·
Registered
253 Posts
adikted2my92 on Feb/28/07 said:
what is that horn lookin thing on the drivers side of the engine bay?

is that a horn?
'bout to say the same thing...Also looks like that DA gave you a lot trouble..You should have slaped the orginal owner..Crimes against nature I'm tellin you.

G/L on the next teg..

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahhh... 1 year later. I actually miss that thing, probably because I don't much remember how much of a pain in the ass it was... but i'm loving the 94 GSR i got. such an amazing deal on it...

I sold the car for 3300, with the fat fives, making a $2000 profit... minus the 700 i put into it, so 1300 profit, same amount i bought the car for!

i miss my baby, but love the new one just as much... and for those of you who like to modify YOUR way, wait till you find a STOCK car -- i'm doing everything right the first time on my gsr. love it.

the 91 gained me invaluable experience and knowledge, and i'll never regret buying it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.