Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went to terrace bay drag fest. not the best drag strip around but it gets the job done. me and 3 of my friends were the only imports and 4 bangers there everything else was mustle lol. my best run was

.6067 reaction
2.2542 60ft time
9.1033 1/8 mile
84.40 1/8 mph
13.8014 1/4 mile
104.88 1/4 mph

i was also running just street tires. not even a drag radial lol. i also bumped my boost up to 9psi from 7 and thats on stock internals to i ran race gas also just to keep it safe. it was hard to run cause i tuned my car with the safc witch is horible its spudders and what not lol. i am pritty dam happy with my time. i am going to be uploading a video very shortly what do u guys think?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
If you cant get a tuned ECU for it, then go with a VAFC since it gives you 2x the ability to tune it. Or make it a little more tunable with a fuel pressure regulator. 13.8 seems like a very good time even if the tune wasnt great just be careful with your motor

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
lindseyhunt1090 on Aug/07/07 said:
i was also running just street tires. not even a drag radial lol. i also bumped my boost up to 9psi from 7 and thats on stock internals to i ran race gas also just to keep it safe. it was hard to run cause i tuned my car with the safc witch is horible its spudders and what not lol. i am pritty dam happy with my time. i am going to be uploading a video very shortly what do u guys think?
What kind of power is the car putting down?

Get a real tuning device. Your engine is going to be torn down soon for a rebuild if you don't.

Get it tuned on a dyno by a reputable tuner too. See above statement if you don't.

Is the car tuned for 9 psi? If not, you are REALLY risking detonation (race gas won't save you here), and detonation on stock internals = snap, crackle, pop. Rebuild.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
winter is coming really soon for me so i am doing a full rebiuld and a gsr head and going to be doing a pro tune on either greddy e manage ultimate or hondata do not no yet. as for numbers i have no clue. my kit is suposed to give you 220whp on a pro tune on 7 psi. i have done a couple more mods and lightend it a bit and i ran 9 psi on my tune on an safc with 11.4 a/f across the board so i figure im prolly still around 220. sounds like a prity reasonable number to me anyways. i wanna run some slicks next year and more boost and hopefully get her into the 12s . what do you guys think

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think 11.4 i perfect.
It is possible to go leaner on the NA engines safely, but for his setup 11s would keep him on the safe side.
I run my car on 11s at wot, it's been 2 years, still holding...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Have your ecu crome chipped. Its so cheap and works great.

on my new setup I have launch control, timing retard, different boost in each gear, check engine shift light, boost cut and more lil cool features.

My tuner charges $20 to chip and $25-50 to tune. He did it to my LS-T and my GSR-T, never a problem. I wanted hondata but he talked me out of it, now I see why. My ls-t civic ran a 12.86 and we haven't ran my gsr-t yet but were hoping for low 12's aprox 325hp. Both on slicks, both stock internals.

Ditch the hacks it cost more than its worth, do it right or do it twice.

dk

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
its a good time for a stock turbo'd LS, but you desperately need a real tune. ditch the SAFC, get reliable and get hondata (crome, netptune EMS, anything else). You might want to look into a diff. youre going to be running into some serious traction problems if youre running the pegleg open diff and putting down big power

when you say you ran race gas, was your car tuned on race gas?

either way, congrats on breaking into the 13s.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no it was not tuned for race gas i just put some 108 in it to make sure it didnt detonate. im going to have a complete difernt set up for next year looking at hondata or e manage ultimate for tuning. also can u get an lsd for the ls tranny or do u have to get a gsr tranny and swap it in

1 - 16 of 16 Posts